should i buy it? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Website Comments, Suggestions and Announcements Any Website Related comments go here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
should i buy it?

i currently drive a dodge ram 1500 QC 2wd. i tow a 28ft enclosed car trailer. the 1500 isnt enough truck for the trailer. ive been looking at duallys and im trying to decide what to buy.i test drove an 04 crew cab lariat f350 4x4 and liked it alot. im just scared of the sick.o. what do you guys think? cummins or sick.o?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2007, 08:58 AM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

My dad has an '04 6.0 and loves it.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Welcome to Powerstroke.org! Don't believe all the bias you read about the 6.0. You'll find the mass majority of us on here with them have been problem free....and I'm not exactly stock so I've put mine through the paces.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yeah. Get an oasis report on it if you like it, and roll with it if it comes back clean.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

it seems like every post on here has been about problems with the 6.0. it just worries me a bit.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Gun Nut

I'm not sure where you're at but I just looked at the last 40 post and not a single one was for 6.0 engine issues. Actually only one was even in regards to a 6.0 problem and it was not engine related. We're more than happy to help but coming on here, calling the 6.0 a "sick.o" on your first post and then your second post saying every post on here is about a 6.0 problem when that's not true isn't going to get you very far around here.
If you've a problem you're more than welcome to PM me.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

sorry if i come across wrong. the only posts ive read have been in the 6.0 section of this forum and most of them were about problems with that particular engine. i need to know if these were problems with the engine or caused by neglect or tuners etc. i love the truck im looking at. i just want to do all the research i can before i buy a truck. yhe term sick.o was a quote from this forum!
Old 04-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Gun Nut

I'm not trying to be an azz - I just wanted to be sure you weren't a Dodge guy coming over to start a brand war. I'm sure you can imagine we get plenty of that as it is.
The reason you see so many threads about problems is people are looking for help so they post. People who aren't having problems aren't as active - it's typical on any forum to be honest. Again the majority of 6.0 drivers on here, especially later models, have had no problems at all. If you're really interested in that rig, e-mail me the VIN and I'll send you an Oasis report of it's history. That should give you idea of how the rig has been up till this point. It's the least I can do for falsely thinking you were trying to start problems.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well if you are in the 6.0 forums about "problems" then most posts in there will be about problems. The 6.0 had some teething problems, and I think them might even still have some trouble with the EGR and VGT turbo "coking" up when left idling too long. But for the most part, most of us have been extremely happy with our trucks. I run the dogchit out of mine and it loves it.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks. ive always been a ford guy. ive owned a 73 f100,3 explorers,6 mustangs,98 f150 and a few other fords. i bought my dodge because i got more for my money at the time. i bought my new trailer thinking id be ok but found out that the dodge isnt enough truck for my trailer. selling the trailer is not an option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.