Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South central Kentucky, 15 miles South of Bowling Green KY, 40 miles north of Nashville TN.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just in case anyone else need the information on how to complete OBD-II self tests, here's the info. Sort of a pain just to get rid of the P1000 code, but it did the trick. All ready for the stupid CA smog test on Monday now.
Drive Cycle Procedure:
1. Key on. Do not crank until the WAIT TO START light extinguishes, or at least 10 seconds, whichever is greater.
2. Start the engine. Idle in PARK or NEUTRAL for 40 seconds.
3. The following outlines the appropriate conditions for running certain OBD II monitors that require the engine to be under load:
a. For vehicles with automatic transmission, select OVERDRIVE CANCEL to run the test in third gear. Turn on accessories such as headlamps, A/C compressor, blower fan, etc. Do not use hazards or PTO. Select an uphill or level road. Driving downhill will unload the engine, thereby defeating the test.
b. Accelerate steadily to third gear (M/T use fourth gear) and hold at 1500 rpm for 3 seconds. Accelerate steadily from 35 mph to 65 mph over approximately 15 seconds (M/T 11 seconds minimum).
c. Repeat Step 3b three times while maintaining the conditions in Step 3a.
d. Before proceeding, turn all accessories off and disengage overdrive cancel.
4. Automatic transmission only:
a. Drive in fourth gear continuously for 60 seconds.
b. Accelerate steadily from a full stop to fourth gear and then return to a full stop. Repeat 10 times.
5. Before continuing, EOT must exceed 60°C (140°F).
6. Idle the vehicle for 20 seconds in PARK or NEUTRAL.
7. Key off.
8. Start the engine. Idle in PARK or NEUTRAL for 40 seconds.
9. Rerun Quick Test.
Note: If P1000 is present after running the drive cycle:
• Rerun Step 3b, being certain to maintain a minimum MFDES of 37 mg/stroke above 1500 rpm for 11 seconds. Also, maintain a minimum MFDES of 37 mg/stroke above 2300 rpm for at least 6 seconds.
• Rerun Step 6. MFDES must remain below 12 mg/stroke for 11 consecutive seconds.