Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ideas for Future 2011 G2G/meets>>>

6K views 65 replies 18 participants last post by  UNDERCOVER_73 
#1 ·
Hey WCS members... Post your ideas for future meets and G2Gs, it can range from next month to 3 months and so on. jsut post your ideas.

I think we need to have a off road meet for everyone who rides, drives, or enjoys off roading.

So locations could be?...
Prarie city (as mentioned b4)
Sand mountain (more involved meet)
Forest hill OHV ( in the mountains)
Hollister ?

or somewhere else...anyone havea nice house? :nod:

#2 ·
Since i'm not much for off road parks I am going to suggest a nice park for a family bbq, maybe a dunk day...seems we have fist ideas around before and distance always becomes the factor.

#13 ·
I thought your trucks 4wd? you dont like dirt?.. I wouldnt mind a simple park but, The 1st meet was a park and it was a little boring. (might be different W/new members??) Thats why we all need to put in input so everyone can get in/

Camping weekend bring the trailers and toy haulers
I aggree.. but not everyone has them. Unless people would be willing to share Their room. if we were to camp, we'd need somwhere fun and public.. anyone heard of shasta Dam OHV?

cali is such a huge state the one single G2G is probably not gonna cut it. Pismo is tight!!! but for the guys way up above sac that would be a long long trip. On the flip side I notice a few people in the grass valley sac and bay areas so something along the lines of a park or a camping trip or .... the options are endless. Figuring something that everyone likes is hard. I would love to say that i would be there for any of it but i leave Idaho monday or tuesday and then it is to cali for 3 days and off to texas for probably a year or so.
Wow thats a big gap for the club. tHAT SUKS.. hOPefully u can make it to one. :thumb: The idea is to find somthing we all LIKE, Find something we all can DRIVE to.. Find somthing in the middle of everyone, THen find a date that will work for everybody so the most number of People will show.

holister really is cool for 4x4 and riding. summer is best cause its cold as hell during winter. what about a lake or something and a weekend caming. eagle lake up un susanville has riding, wheeling, camping and fishing. it is a barge though......i might be going to GA this summer for a vegistroke get together if anyone in ca does veg and wants to caravan or something let me know
We run VEGI oil In our 300sd mercedes, I guess that counts right?

I like the (HOLISTER idea).
I think we need 3 different types of meets.
1) G2G that is a simple get togethor (whoever shows up/Like a hang out)
2) A G2G that is a outside/offroad activity type thing, either its Riding/camping/Jeeping
3) or just sitttin there talking enjoying the weather/nature
4) A G2G were we join up with any other kind of club, like, NORCALDIESEL... POWERSTROKENATION-members)... Or Mustang, Jeep, Gas truck clubs... so we get the name out the best we can. We All need to come up with ideas/Places for these kinds of meets. These are all good Ideas that you guys have posted :icon_ford:
Email anyone you know who wants to become apart of the
West Coast Strokers club.

#3 ·
Camping weekend bring the trailers and toy haulers

#4 ·
Or for those of us that have kids vasona park is a good one

#6 ·
cali is such a huge state the one single G2G is probably not gonna cut it. Pismo is tight!!! but for the guys way up above sac that would be a long long trip. On the flip side I notice a few people in the grass valley sac and bay areas so something along the lines of a park or a camping trip or .... the options are endless. Figuring something that everyone likes is hard. I would love to say that i would be there for any of it but i leave Idaho monday or tuesday and then it is to cali for 3 days and off to texas for probably a year or so.

#8 ·
holister really is cool for 4x4 and riding. summer is best cause its cold as hell during winter. what about a lake or something and a weekend caming. eagle lake up un susanville has riding, wheeling, camping and fishing. it is a barge though......i might be going to GA this summer for a vegistroke get together if anyone in ca does veg and wants to caravan or something let me know

#9 ·
Eagle lake is a nice place to go. Merrel CP is clean and easy access to the lake. The season opens on the lake the saturday preceding memorial day (memorial weekend) and closes december 31st. the trout are some of the best tasting as well as a nice little fight. A boat is preferable for many but there are some great fish caught from shore in specific locations. I have never personally seen a motorcycle at eagle lake in the 15 years we have been going there. but I do know there is an OHV near there as well as tons of back country roads.
These images are from the lake and surrounding.

"Castle" near Spalding on the lake.

#20 ·
this works for me.......anything in Tahoe or Eagle lake area is great for me!!!
There are tours mentioned at Jelly Belly Factory or the Budwieser Bottling place near Fairfield.
yummmmm jelly bellies....love those things
Maybe dinner in Tahoe, cruise around the Lake.
:woot:

with any luck I will make it to one one day but for now i will have to remain in the shadows here a little. I went through this on yota tech the first time I planned out a trip and trying to make everyone happy is impossible. The advise I got back then and the advise i will give now is plan it and they will come. maybe not all of them but the ones more in tune with your hobbies likes and dislikes will.
why u going to Texas?? U should hook up with some of the guys down there, they have meets a lot....

GABRIEL, it wasn't boring......u just drank too many monsters so of course u were bored......:wink[3]:

#10 ·
I usually only good for Sundays since I work Saturdays.. I will be the first to pass up any fishing trips lol, after a sever case of food poisoning because of bad fish I will never touch a fish, smell a fish, or use a fishing pole again.

#11 ·
that really sucks,

i vote we go to hollister :poke: we can go off roading, even though some of us have mustangs :poke:, hahaha, we can go dirtbike riding and atving, all kinds of things. and if you just want to hang out you can just sit around and talk with those who want to do the same. the offroad area would be best to meet in because the dirtbike area gets a little congested and loud. you can still ride your dirtbikes over to the dirt bike area i think or tow them, all i know is that i can get a bunch of jeeps to tag along as well...probably somewhere in the 15-20s of jeeps...

#14 ·
with any luck I will make it to one one day but for now i will have to remain in the shadows here a little. I went through this on yota tech the first time I planned out a trip and trying to make everyone happy is impossible. The advise I got back then and the advise i will give now is plan it and they will come. maybe not all of them but the ones more in tune with your hobbies likes and dislikes will.

#15 ·
Bringing this idea over from the other G2G thread.

Throwing out some 'other' stuff. What would everyone think about throwing in some shows, some to go to, some to participate in?

There are things like:
Autorama - Sacramento, February - Attend
All-American Truck show - Redwood City, May?? - Participate
Good Guys - Pleasanton, ?? - Attend or Participate (I think)
Fun Ford Sunday - Vallejo, September - Participate

These are just some that I know of - Just some other options of stuff to do.

There are tours mentioned at Jelly Belly Factory or the Budwieser Bottling place near Fairfield.

#17 ·
Autorama - Sacramento, February.. is a cool show, I had my Harley truck in it back on 05.. lots of cool rides and I believe there is also a out door Show N Shine..

All-American Truck show - Redwood City..Never been to the All-American show.. is that on a Saturday?

Good Guys - Pleasanton,Always a fun show to either enter or attend.. FYI the prices have gone way up at the gate.

Fun Ford Sunday - Vallejo, September - I hate to say this, but the last 2 times I went I got so bored out of mu mind I wanted to pull my hair out.

There are tours mentioned at Jelly Belly Factory or the Budwieser Bottling place near Fairfield...

These 2 ideas are awesome... meet up for the tour and maybe find a place to grab lunch after?

#18 ·
The All-American Truck Show is moving to Redwood City this year. They were holding it in Union City at Kennedy Park. Not sure what happened, but they are moving it.
Car Show All American Brand Truck Show - This is a link I found - Yes, May 7th is a Saturday.

I know what you mean about FFS - It definitely is a very laid back show. I've gone with a different site I belong to, we spend time just yaking. We do a potluck due to iffy food service. There are some cool cars to slobber on. :nod:

#21 ·
I didnt say it was Borinng, It just wasnt... Exciting :poke (Its bcuz it was the first meet) :thumb:

I like the ideas of going to a show, or the jelly factory that would be perfect..
Laurie: hey do u have some WCS cards? i saw like 20 PSDs today

#22 ·
heres my ideas.

dirt bike/off roading meet sounds fun, im not breaking my truck again, lesson learned on that one but will bring the bikes, not everyone will be able or want to make this meet,

wrenching meet theres always some people that need help working on the trucks laurie and i have talked about this idea numerous times. problem is finding a good shop or someones house who has room to work and park a bunch of PSDs

Park and BBQ i thought the last meet was great, gabriel you left early missed the fun :rofl:

Show and shine, this is an excellent idea, i am up for entering my truck in a show and theres other trucks that are worthy of shows, because we can park together and have WCS signs more people will see the club and join hopefully.

Drag or dyno day, itd be fun to see what kind of hp/tq you can put down or 1/4mi times, drags are in the summer so we have to wait on that one,

just my 2cents or 5 dollars or what ever haha

#23 ·
Good idea jordan, On the wrenching meet Idea. I could ask matt if he wants to give up his house for the weekend? im sure he wouldnt mind.. its just hes busy wrenching on his engine right now. so that would have to be a future meet.

I wouldnt have anything worthy of a show-n-shine. unless i can bring the Benz :D

#24 ·
How about Ocotillo Wells for us SoCal peeps?

#26 ·
Lol well Pismo is a drive in a half for me. Anyone else closer to Riverside County, and would wanna do an Ocotillo meet up?

#27 ·
well this is the nor cal section so theres not many so cal guys in this section, Raul and Javi take care of alot of the so cal meets, they planned pismo,

itd be a 8hr drive for me to get to ocotillo. guys are coming from texas and arizona to go to the Pismo meet, it should be big

#28 ·
My appologies!!

#31 ·
I know it is too late this year as it was last weekend, but NEXT year maybe we meet up at the NHRDA Drags in Redding. It is a long *** haul, but who doesn't like the drags? Especially when they are all diesels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.