VA GTG - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Virginia Strokers Virginia Chapter Area

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 05:55 AM
Lt. Negativity

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation VA GTG

Ok Eric has brought up a good point, being that there are so many members here on the org in Virginia how come no one ever steps up for GTG plans. A few of us on PSN do it at least once or twice a month if not more. I tend to host one at my house for mod parties etc. But heres the dates for possible.

If you plan to read this PLEASE post up, so we know what members are hear or not.

Casper7.3 I believe on the Nation is gonna be hosting the next GTG May 15 or 22 we havent decided yet. This is Central Virginia Richmond Area. Being that we just held one in western Va over at HHrecovery Shop, we are moving it to a central location this time around, after that it will be in the eastern towards the VA beach/ obx area, then in Northern Virginia. As of right now those are the dates currently I will keep everyone informed. Also if your on the Nation as well like I am chime in there as well.

By doing this in different locations everytime everyone will have a fair drive so no one is driving to one location all the time. I myself dont mind, its really about the turn out, If the turn out is great that driving 5 hrs is kool, but If I drive 5 hrs to a GTG and the ppl in that area back out and didnt show its stupid to go back to that area waste of ppl's time and money, So we are gonna do it in different locations, Its a Virginia Chapter so lets start getting GTG's, shows, BBQ etc going if not THEN WHATS THE POINT.

Last edited by RescueF250; 04-24-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

GTG's

That works for me as long as it's not on a saturday. Can'r back out of work to go play if you know what I mean.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Good Enough Send a message via Yahoo to Good Enough
Im in.

in for some beaver.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to eric.davis
mike your an idiot lol. and exactly what rescue250 said. Out of everyone on this forum thats in va we cant get a decent turnout for the vs is straight bs. I've already posted up that i'm not going to put forth the effort anymore to get any G2Gs going. I'll show up but my time and effort is done. I'll post events that I'll be attending and if you wanna show up then thats cool if not thats cool too. But just a heads up. if this chapter doesn't start getting some official G2G's say good bye to the chapter.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Premium Member

I'm also on PSN same username along with dieselgarage and dieselplace dont check all of them too often mostly on this one but i'll start venturing over to the other ones to see whats up. But what is in the works is an all makes diesel chapter. the cummins forum has a chapter called virginia coal rollers and goodenough (mike) and I drove up to fredericksburg sp? for it and had a decent time. there are a couple dedicated people just need to get more of them in here is all
Old 04-26-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.davis View Post
But just a heads up. if this chapter doesn't start getting some official G2G's say good bye to the chapter.
I know I dont have a powerstroke anymore. But just out of curiousity, what benefit does having a chapter provide? I mean if guys want to get together and do things, share info about local events, etc..., cant they do all that in the VA forum without a chapter?

I hate to see it this inactive, but even when I had the 'stroke, Rescue was about the only local guy that is active on the forums. I tried recruiting other powerstrokes I see daily and nobody ever joined.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Premium Member

the thing about a chapter is to represent a specified forum and if you did go to other states you would be representing the state with said chapter. it just more of an organizational thing
Old 04-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Lt. Negativity

Local ????? Ruben come on now. Im pretty sure you know better then that. Ive gone as for as FL for GTG's in different states over the years. Reason why I didnt care about alot of things was cause US local guys from Northern VA drove 5 hrs south last year for a GTG that everyone in that area like 8 ppl claimed to show up WHAT HAPPEN !!!!!! NO ONE but us local guys up here showed up. After trying over and over when ppl claim about GTGs not around and when they do NO ONE shows up after ppl take the time and effort to set this up.

Its a waste of my time and fuel as well as the others that travel half there day to go somewhere to meet other members, then when they get called out for not showing up they dont ever get on anymore. Like Eric says is disappointing that a chapter isnt Active everyone wants to be apart of the VA Chapter but cant find the time with 2 - 5 weeks ahead of time.

Chapter is basicly being apart of like a group. Just like the Va chapter in FTW having the chapter gtg, chapter shows, chapter parties, etc.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:19 PM

Kevin I wasnt dissing you at all, I dont blame you for not driving down 4hrs to a g2g, when nobobdy from that region even shows up!

I guess I get the point of a chapter being for organization and easier coordination of events, I just havent ever been part of a really active chapter to see how it should work.

I'm still down for GtG's and being part of the chapter, assuming ya'll will have me without a powerstroke. I'm still a diesel/powerstroke enthusiast!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:01 PM

GTG's

Like I said earlier. I'm down with the gtg's around me, or maybe within a little bit of a drive, but I personaly can't do saturdays because of work. Sunday's are questionable because that is the only day that I have with my family on the weekends plus work two jobs to keep up. I don't know everyone else's reasons, but that me. I can only do what I can do. really want to meet more of the members, but that will come in time. Met Mick sunday at bass pro. Seems like a good guy, and now he has decals for the chapter too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.