PULLED ON 295 FOR HEIGHT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 05:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry PULLED ON 295 FOR HEIGHT

I was on the way home from work yesterday not speeding with my windows down and got pulled by a state trooper at mile marker 30 on 295 in Hanover County. The trooper rolled up to my truck and first started asking me if I had my weapon on me (guess he ran my plate and saw I have a ccw). Then he asked me if I knew the legal height for my truck. I told him yeah 30 for front bumper and 31 for rear. He swore I was above the limit, he didn't know my truck is a 3/4 ton. We started out measuring the front and it was right at 29 and some change, I could tell he didn't like that. Then went to the back and measured and I was right at 31, he didn't like that again. He was unsatisfied that he couldn't give me a ticket for height so then he started probing. He asked me if my windows were tinted I told him yes. Now mind you I had my windows down when he pulled me. I was honest and told him yes, he checked them with his meter. Front window was 18%. He wrote me a ticket for tint. Seemed like he was just looking for something to get me on. I have had my windows tinted for years and never got a ticket or pulled. Guess I'll pay the $91 ticket and keep the tint not worth taking it off to me. Does anyone on here have problems with Richmond area troopers and height?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2009, 05:47 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sounds like you need to make a harassment call to the local office. I can understand getting pulled under his belief that you were over the legal height, but to dig up something just to make his stop worth his time is not necessary.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:57 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
Sounds like you need to make a harassment call to the local office. I can understand getting pulled under his belief that you were over the legal height, but to dig up something just to make his stop worth his time is not necessary.
Where is the harrassment at. If this officer did this to him more then once. I may understand the complaint. But if I was the officers Commander. I would laugh at you when you came in to make the complaint. Or I would laugh at you on the phone and hang up.

It takes more then one, two, three, four, five, six, heck I was pulled over 10 times before a judge would even look at my harrassment complaint against 1 officer in my hometown. Every time he pulled me over it was for the samething 10 over.

Now granted I had the trans replaced in the car I was driving at the time. I did not know my speedo was off by 10 mph. But once I figured that out and got it fixed. I had all those tickets expunged from record. But still, took the officer to court over it.

It took my dad driving my car to his work one day to find out the speedo was off by 10. When he got pulled over for doing 10 over.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:07 AM

yeah I agree the officer was nice but he was just looking for something to get me on....The thing that burns me up is I am a law abiding citizen. I work go home and spend time working on my house and spending time with my pregnant wife. I don't go out I don't drink or do drugs nor do I speed. I just think his time would have been better spent pulling someone over who was speeding or driving reckless...
Old 05-13-2009, 06:13 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by f250ford View Post
yeah I agree the officer was nice but he was just looking for something to get me on....The thing that burns me up is I am a law abiding citizen. I work go home and spend time working on my house and spending time with my pregnant wife. I don't go out I don't drink or do drugs nor do I speed. I just think his time would have been better spent pulling someone over who was speeding or driving reckless...
I aggree but, you have been playing Russian Roulette with that window tint. If you knew it was illegal, you had to know that one day you will be busted for it.

Pay the fine then go see your eye doctor. Don't you have a photosensitivity problem with your eyes.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
thats stupid in my eyes. hes just probably trying to reach a quota so he targeted a lifted truck.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:25 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Profiling is harassment don't you think? Maybe he's trying to make a quota or maybe not. I honestly don't see a good reason to his actions OTHER than to make his time count. If you find one violation then look for more problems. It's just typical of the justice system today, keep digging till you get the violation/conviction that sticks.

I got pulled by a trooper under the orginial premis that a beer can "flew out the back of my truck", he further stated that he couldn't distingish the last letter of my tag (it's a Q and said it looks like a O), when the plate ran it came up nada. I was pulled over due to his inability to see the SODA can come from UNDER my truck and read my OUT OF STATE plate. Don't these guys require a vision screening? Needless I wasn't impressed with him as a trooper so I'll leave it at that.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:35 AM

Send a message via MSN to justafarmtruck
shouldnt of told him cuz without a warrent he couldnt of made you roll your windows up. be cause they were already down and that is considered a search.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:37 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmokinstroke02 View Post
thats stupid in my eyes. hes just probably trying to reach a quota so he targeted a lifted truck.
If he was in Michigan specifically a the city of Adrian. I would aggree with this.

There used to be a State Trooper down there that I think memorized the state vehicle code book. That guy would pull over every teenager he seen. He would tear your car apart on paper. My one buddy got 7 fix it tickets from this guy. He got them all at once.

It is not profiling, not harrassment, nothing more then an officer doing his job. Some keep digging until they find something. Others barely break the surface.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:39 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafarmtruck View Post
shouldnt of told him cuz without a warrent he couldnt of made you roll your windows up. be cause they were already down and that is considered a search.
Wrong, it is not a search even with out warrant even if the person said no you can't roll up my windows. The officer can, because it could turn the stop into a vehicle safety inspection in a matter of minutes. Next thing you know your getting a dozen tickets most will be fix it tickets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.