JAKD might be for sale - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 07:21 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
JAKD might be for sale

First this isn't a joke...I would never joke about something like this.

If you guys know anyone in the area looking for a truck like mine please let me know.

Here is the situation:

As you guys know, I'm in the military. I'm currently renting a house in Yorktown. Last night one of our neighbors came over and asked if we were moving. We said "no" why do you ask? To make a long story short our landlord put the house back up on the market to rent when our lease expires at the end of May. We emailed and tried to call in an effort to find out what was going on. There is absolutely no reason for them to not offer to renew our lease. Legally they are only obligated to give us 30 days notice (lease expires end of May). Then we are out on the street. The military does not pay to move you unless you have orders for a change of station. What this means is that I will have to move myself, and coming off two back surgeries, I'm not going to be much good. So we are going to have to hire movers to move the big stuff (we have over 14000 lbs of household goods). I finally got a hold of the husband who acted like he didn't know what was going on and he said he would have to talk to his wife. His wife basically runs all the properties that they own and was told that they would get back to us this weekend. I made it clear that if the purpose was to increase the rent...that it would not be a problem...but have yet to hear anything back. The reason I am so worried about this situation is because we were warned by our neighbors when we moved in that they have screwed every tenant that have lived in this house. I could go on and on about what they told us, but it's not relevant to the current situation. The current situation is that we could be put out with only 30 days notice to find a new house and move ourselves.

I don't care about myself....I care about my kids, they have close friends in this neighborhood and they love their school. So moving out of the immediate area is not an option. I need to start planning for the worst case scenario and start looking for another house. I have found two houses for sale in the neighborhood (no rentals) that will allow them to attend their current school. I already have a VA loan on a house that I own in another location (which I rent out). This means I need to get a regular mortgage on a second house and need to put 5% down. In order to be able to put 5% down and pay for closing costs, I'll have to sell my truck and cash in on some investments and take a big hit. I planned on retiring soon anyway and stay in the area (lots of jobs for retired military with my specialty in this area). I think these landlords make their money by keeping people's deposits.

So if anyone knows anyone in the area that might want my truck, please let me know. It hurts to have to do this, but my kids come first.

email: kodiakpb@gmail.com

Thanks for looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sorry to hear bud, good luck with everything
Old 04-03-2009, 07:28 PM

Thanks man...just trying to keep things together for the kids.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:37 AM

I hear ya on coming up with the down payment as far as moving expenses I hope you wouldn't have to hire movers. Maybe we can have a Virginia Chapter moving GTG?
Old 04-05-2009, 05:01 AM
Premium Member

That sucks man... Just FYI, run of the mill housing loans are lower than what the VA can get you right now. Biggest difference is the zero money down requirement. Good luck.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:03 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dang, hate to hear something like that. I wish ya luck on getting everything worked out but sorry you have to sell your truck!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:15 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Always something isn't it!...Hey I was stationed at NWS Yorktown back in the day!...I LOVE that place..many Great Memories...Hope all works out well for you!

Oh Awesome looking truck BTW!

H
Old 04-05-2009, 05:29 AM

wow what a messed up situation. how bout renting a apartment for the meantime? that way you can keep your truck. as far as the move goes, im sure some fellow org members in your area would help out so you dont have to pay movers.
gotta be careful about landlords. i heard now what there doing is renting you the house with option to buy. once you start making payments and think its coming off the mortgage, they foreclose on the house without you knowing. so all that money you put up front and paid on is history. hope everything works out for you guys. my prayers are with you.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:49 PM

Hey guys,

Some good news...the landlords finally contacted us and gave us the option to renew with an increase in rent. This will give us some breathing room to get finances in order for next year by freeing up my VA loan on the other house we own...and shop for nice house in this area. I really appreciate all the genuine support from everyone....your a good bunch of dudes.

My next mission is to get JAKD clean and hit some shows

Kevin
Old 04-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to MustangCRZY302 Send a message via Yahoo to MustangCRZY302 Send a message via Skype™ to MustangCRZY302
Good to hear everything worked out for ya man! I've seen your truck at shows, and its definaly a damn good looking truck, wouldn't want to see ya lose it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.