Richmond Area - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 04:16 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Richmond Area

Hi guys. I'm just outside of Richmond in Chesterfield. Had the Big-D for about six months and its time to start having some dialog with some locals who share my new passion.

Also, just put in a Wildman chip yesterday. Seems my clutch was fine with stock power but the chip has shown its weakness. It slips if I get on it in any setting but economy. Anyone know a place local that would put a clutch in that is trusted? I'm hoping this wont be a $1000 deal, but prolly will be in the end. Maybe someone wants some side work? I would love to participate and learn as much as I can.

Thanks in advance - Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 PM

hey, i'm near chesterfield town center. congrats on the new chip! my buddie had a slipping clutch with a quadzilla flip chip. we did a little trick to help the factory clutch till we had a chance to put in a luk clutch...we took the spring out of the clutch pedal assembly. the clutch got a little stiffer but held on longer.. may be worth a try.. i'm not on here much.. I spend more time on powerstrokenation.com we've been pretty active as far as gtg's and stuff. been having one a month for the last 3 months and are talkin of having one next month already!! shoot me a pm with your info and maybe we can hook up and check out your problem..

luke
Old 07-28-2010, 04:58 AM

PM sent

I ordered a clutch last night...Valair NMU70241-01.... the HD one. Talking to a friend up in NOVA that may want some side work. If anyone local has access to a lift and wants to give up a Sat. afternoon and drink some free beer and make a little on the side, I would love to learn the inner workings of my truck

Thought I read something about another GTG in Harrisonburg in August at a new shop or something. Maybe a dyno there?

Anyway let me know. I just need a week or two to prep the wife on when I'll be gone.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

just missed ya... moved from hanover county back to harrisonburg
Old 07-28-2010, 10:38 AM

If I remember right it was you posting about the GTG that happened in Harrisonburg. Was that at some kind of shop? Someone was writing about dynoing a BMW or something?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cok_Diesel View Post
If I remember right it was you posting about the GTG that happened in Harrisonburg. Was that at some kind of shop? Someone was writing about dynoing a BMW or something?
yeah that was at our shop here in harrisonburg. we had a big dyno day in june, i'm working on getting a small one set up here august 21 for the va guys, private party sort of deal lol

that is also the day of the harrisonburg pull, which i am right across the road from
Old 07-28-2010, 11:16 AM

Sounds like fun. Lemme know if your short people, I'd definitely be interested in checking something like that out.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:30 AM

i just read all of your earlier posts in this thread otherwise i'd have been more detailed in my answers.... long day

we aren't local to chesterfield, but can definetly stick a clutch in if need be

you are welcome to come up the 21st if ya want, i'm looking for people to commit for the dyno so i can give a definite answer on getting it here, but you are welcome to come up either way
Old 07-28-2010, 11:44 AM

Good deal. If you wanna PM me the info on the GTG, I'll start working on the wifey Also let me know what your going rate for puttin in the clutch. I have one coming, and I'd like to get it in shortly so that I can really use these TW tunes. If my friend in NOVA falls through I may look at making a drive.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:21 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm from King William and meet up with the fellas posting here and others from other forums. Welcome aboard and hope to see you soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.