The 'Old' London Turnpike - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Video/Movie Forum Our Personal Video Gallery & Other Video Links, Discussion, Support, Promotion, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 03:23 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The 'Old' London Turnpike

I started a thread last week called "I 'Heart' Heavy", telling a story of what happened when I went down the New London Turnpike in Wyoming, RI. I had set my TomTom on the shortest route instead of fastest & it brought me to this....uh...road. It ended up being a crazy, ice-snow-& boulder infested trail that the TomTom had said was an actual, driveable road. Well, I came to a frozen creek on this road, after climbing over all sorts of obstacles, & tried to cross. To make a long story short, I couldn't make it. But after all the banging, scraping, & a host of other bad noises, the only thing that happened for damage was this:
Just broke my steering damper!

Today, I had taken a buddy with the Tank back to the New...er....Old London Turnpike because I'm trying to get him to take his '94 F-150 down this trail. It has a 4" Rough Country lift, 33" Toyo Open Country M/Ts, & AR Victor 18" Teflon rims. It looks like this:

So instead of getting snaps, I got some footage of what happened today & tried making a video. Unfortuneately, Photobucket won't download the entire finished version of the movie, so you'll have to watch it in sections. This isn't too bad because there's one clip where my friend's taping & he just can't hold a camera good. I'll give you the introductions, & let you know which one to skip if you don't want to see it(even though it was fun & we hit something big in the creek!). The only thing I broke on the Tank was the rear brake line that goes across the axle to the right/rear wheel cyl. So here it is: "The Old London Turnpike Adventure!" Enjoy!

This clip is pretty much the intro. At this point, we were where the pavement ends & the treachery was about to begin!

Here, we're on the trail having an absolute blast! Check out the TomTom on the windshield. That line in the middle of the screen is the 'road' it brought us to!

Creek intro

This is the crappy clip here, but it'll show you how hard it was to keep still trying to cross & we ended up hitting something BIG!

& here's me driving the Tank trying to get some footage of trying to get across the creek where you could actually view it. Here's where I also lost my brakes & had to drive 33mi home with the ABS & BRAKE lights on the dash.

Hope you enjoyed it. Lemme know what you think!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2009, 05:24 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P.s.- My friend & I are both cityfolk & don't know a whole lot of off-roading tips, so if you've got any tricks, please share. One of these days, I'm gonna cross that damn creek!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.