Diesel involved in a chase! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Video/Movie Forum Our Personal Video Gallery & Other Video Links, Discussion, Support, Promotion, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Diesel involved in a chase!

Check out the first few mins of this video...look who starts to run down the suspect...you see the black smoke?? hahaha!!!

Video - A BMW Chased By Texas Police And Loosing The News Chopper - Cops
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2006, 02:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Man that's pretty crazy, I was hoping to see a little more smoke but he must not have had such a high powered chip. That chick sure was pretty livid after the crash, i'd have beat the livin friggin f$%& out of the guy.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
LOL! I watched that live - I was SO cheering on that rig! Ya gotta love Houston.....or not.
My big 'ol brush guard might have met that little beemer by accident had it been me.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:41 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd bet he was running a hot program. Of course we don't know how fast the truck was going, but he was definately moving faster then the car that was in the pursuit.

Also I'm thinking more along the lines of WHY THE HELL WOULD HE DO THAT!? It's dangerous, futile, and naive... not to mention he could be pulled over and arrested for those speeds!
Old 12-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Gun Nut

Well I'm not going to start an argument here but he should have done it right and laid that friggin car into the HOV wall. I would have. When I run this world you have ONE mile. If you don't pull over after that ONE mile the police will leagaly be able to KILL you. Plain and simple. You're driving a friggin missile with total disregard for ANYONES safety - you have NO right to live anymore. Take you out, you had your chance. The officer you pass after one mile won't have spike strips, he'll have a load of buckshot and will put it through your windshield.
THERE WAS A BABY IN THE CAR HE HIT. I would rather take his sorry butt out than have an innocent baby die - the ONLY thing that rig did wrong was not get in front of that car and lock up his brakes.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I agree with you Alan. That's one of the things that should be changed in this country. People get away with way too stinking much in this world. For every car he passed on the highway he should be charged with a count of attempted murder since every person was in his harm's way. But no he'll do 18 months and be out because "he was a good boy" in prison. F that.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Gun Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Smokin73Stroker View Post
For every car he passed on the highway he should be charged with a count of attempted murder since every person was in his harm's way.
Dammn skippy! You need a job when I rule the world? I like the way you think Smoke!
Old 12-17-2006, 02:56 PM

Man I am totally down for world domination!! LOL
Old 12-17-2006, 03:01 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Smokin73Stroker View Post
For every car he passed on the highway he should be charged with a count of attempted murder since every person was in his harm's way.
That Ram is no different then the BMW in this case!

Alan and Smoke, my point was rather then ADD to the # of speeding cars like he did, he should have just stayed out of it. Police were maintaining pursuit and looking for an oppurtunity to end it. I did not watch what happened after the diesel almost rear ended a police officer so I can't speak for that.

Do I feel you're starting an argument, no. Do I feel we think along the same lines? Yes...
Old 12-17-2006, 03:22 PM

That is also true, but I see it on the news all the time where cops have many many opportunities to end something before what happens in this chase happens.....the driver hits another car. I just don't see if cops are trained so well why they couldn't completely engulf this guys car with squad cars, and coordinate their decelerations together to end it, or just smash him into the stinkin' wall....as we see, another innocent person may have gotten hurt and loses their car to a lengthy repair time or totaling it....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.