Hook 'em up...you may not believe this - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Video/Movie Forum Our Personal Video Gallery & Other Video Links, Discussion, Support, Promotion, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Hook 'em up...you may not believe this

Found this in a myspace bulletin from a friend of mine. Before you look, it's a HUGE dual stacked Super Duty which sounds like a 7.3 versus a stock height hood stacked 6.6 duramax. Really I laughed my butt of at this!

http://www.rochesterdiesel.com/tug.mpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2006, 08:30 PM
The Fat Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Smokin73Stroker View Post
Found this in a myspace bulletin from a friend of mine. Before you look, it's a HUGE dual stacked Super Duty which sounds like a 7.3 versus a stock height hood stacked 6.6 duramax. Really I laughed my butt of at this!

http://www.rochesterdiesel.com/tug.mpg
Looks pretty funny having those two hooked up. Sux that the PSD lost but its a pretty funny video.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
OMG that was great.... im gonna have to let all my chevy friends watch this.... i get soo much crap from them cause im the only one driving a ford... but its always me pulling them out when they get stuck
Old 10-19-2006, 08:34 PM
im fat and ugly

CAN WE GET A MOD TO DELETE THAT PLEASE?!?!?! J/K

good vi
Old 10-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Banned

hey smoke...not to burst your bubble or anything....BUT

That Dmax was chipped HEAVVVVIIILLLLY......you dont blow black smoke like that even on a moderate tune.....

Secondly that lifted ford would lose to Alans truck due to the fact it has half the pounds per square inch of traction.....

Thirdly...the minute they started "equiling out" the ford backed out....hench the smoke lessening and completely stopping. You can listen to the engine noise that proves this....

Now.....i want you to look very closely at the video.....look at the chebby's brake lights.....this was an unfare match and thats probably why the ford backed out. The cheby gave the ford an intentional heas start. The chevy had its BRAKES ON and powerbraked it till his boost got up while the ford started pulling as a real man would. The chevy used the powerbraking to slow down the ford till his boost let up and then carefully released the pedal so as not to loose any ground and then let 25 plus PSI of boost kick in. The chevy didnt win squat....he cheated.....the brakelights tell it all
Old 10-19-2006, 08:38 PM
The Fat Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post

That Dmax was chipped HEAVVVVIIILLLLY......you dont blow black smoke like that even on a moderate tune.....

Secondly that lifted ford would lose to Alans truck due to the fact it has half the pounds per square inch of traction.....

Thirdly...the minute they started "equiling out" the ford backed out....hench the smoke lessening and completely stopping. You can listen to the engine noise that proves this....

Now.....i want you to look very closely at the video.....look at the chebby's brake lights.....this was an unfare match and thats probably why the ford backed out. The cheby gave the ford an intentional heas start. The chevy had its BRAKES ON and powerbraked it till his boost got up while the ford started pulling as a real man would. The chevy used the powerbraking to slow down the ford till his boost let up and then carefully released the pedal so as not to loose any ground and then let 25 plus PSI of boost kick in. The chevy didnt win squat....he cheated.....the brakelights tell it all

Yeah, what Marc said. And anyone that has a single front stack, has a lot more than that done.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post

I always agree with you Marc, but this time i'm going to have to disagree.

First I know the Duramax was heavily chipped, I saw the smoke and heard the engine. I posted the video because I thought it was funny to see such a large truck that most people would think will win against such a smaller vehicle even with the obvious higher power lose the pull. I didn't really post it to have it picked apart or anaylyzed and broken down for me. All of the hooks I have been to and the "hookers" (no pun intended ) I have talked to have said it's not just hittin the gas and goin. It's also in the technique to maintain traction. I've seen big trucks win and lose being higher and lower powered. And I really don't think there is any real "man" issue. If it's a competition, the objective is to win by any means necessary unless there are rules that state otherwise. I've reviewed the video constantly and it pretty much starts while the trucks are already into the pedal, so there's not a real great way to tell if he gave the Ford a head start or not other than clicking stop/play/stop/play. Also I can't see any brake lights on the ford at all so who is to say the Ford wasn't on the brakes at any given time either? Now sure, you should be able to see a glimmer on the side of the light where the light is located, but then again, who is to say he does not have an aftermarket set that doesn't enable you to tell if they are on or not from the angle the video was shot? It reminds me of watching Pinks the other night, a team felt it got cheated when they were actually outnegotiated for a matchup. The Ford probably would have lost anyway, but if he didn't use his brakes then he got outplayed and outpulled fair and square. I like to put my money on trucks based on what i've seen and if I had seen this matchup I for sure would have put my money on the duramax.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Banned

i would disagree with you on one point...to build boost with the brakes is one thing, but the smoke doesnt start on that dmax for at least three quarters of a second AFTER the ford starts pulling it. The idea of standing on the brakes to get the other truck to start spinning its tires may win pull, but is not fair in any bumper to bumper competition.

Also smoke....are you SURE thats a ford...the cab body line doesnt look right to me. The only thing yo have to make it a ford is the parking lights, and im still not convinced after watching it many times....just a thought..
Old 10-19-2006, 09:17 PM
The Fat Mod

Marc, I think it is a Ford. You can see the chrome around the grill with a larger dark spot in the middle. I bet that is a PSD grill.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:10 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Figured I'd step in and let the truth be told...

The "smaller" truck is BBunting's truck, a pulling 7.3 from blackwidowdiesel who is sponsoring our fellow member Mech2161. The HUGE truck is a 2005 Superduty from JHoss with F550 badges on 2.5 ton rockwells.

Bbunting's truck was driven by Elmo in the parking lot after the diesel showdown in Houston. JHoss's truck runs 16.2 in the 1/4 mile. Bbunting runs low 12's. JHoss had him and thought he'd show off and ended up boiling the tires which allowed Elmo to drag him off... There will be a rematch next year.

Here is a picture of the big truck during the day...

Here is a video of BBunting's truck... back when he was in the 13's...
Click here to see Video

This is Elmo's truck... the driver of Bbunting's truck that night..

Last edited by Marty; 10-19-2006 at 10:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.