Theft of our lands. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Video/Movie Forum Our Personal Video Gallery & Other Video Links, Discussion, Support, Promotion, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Theft of our lands.

I know a lot of people use public land for recreation on this site. And rightly so, since it is something we pay dearly for.
I found this on another site I frequent and thought it was worth passing on. One of the best videos I've seen on the subject stating some cold hard facts.

YouTube - Trails In Trouble
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yeah. closing the trails just brings a tear to my eye. i love my toys, dirtbike,quad,snowmobile, and cant imagine what it would be like to not be able to load up and go riding. what is this world coming to?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:26 PM

Gosh I wonder if this is true for the trails in Michigan, because there are a TON.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 PM

The video made me laugh. Never in real life have I ever seen vehicles drive that SLOW. I am now very curious what the typical use is truthfully like ?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Learning the 6.0 game…...

They just closed ONE THOUSAND MILES of trails in the El Dorado National Forest here, where the world famous Rubicon Trail is. That trail is left open, but they closed 1,000 miles to motorized vehicles so "other" users aren't startled and bothered by the noise! WHAT THE F? These trails are MILES off road and no one in their right mind is going to walk or bike in that far!

Sierra Club strikes again.....
Old 04-08-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnecsteve View Post
The video made me laugh. Never in real life have I ever seen vehicles drive that SLOW. I am now very curious what the typical use is truthfully like ?
I'm glad it's a big joke to you. In three sentences, you made it blatantly clear you have no knowledge of trail use. So, if you can't say something "constructive", please don't be "destructive".

I know a great deal about this subject and am very passionate about it. But for every person like me, there are hundreds more that "don't know, don't care". They are usually the ones that help to get our lands closed.

PS. Typical use depends on which type of vehicle you operate and the conditions. I go far slower than what was on the video when I'm in the Jeep on rocks and have the kids with me. When riding the Banshee on the beach it's WFO.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owtcast View Post
I'm glad it's a big joke to you. In three sentences, you made it blatantly clear you have no knowledge of trail use. So, if you can't say something "constructive", please don't be "destructive".

I know a great deal about this subject and am very passionate about it. But for every person like me, there are hundreds more that "don't know, don't care". They are usually the ones that help to get our lands closed.

PS. Typical use depends on which type of vehicle you operate and the conditions. I go far slower than what was on the video when I'm in the Jeep on rocks and have the kids with me. When riding the Banshee on the beach it's WFO.
I agree. And they aren't going to show a bunch of retards blastin through there because that's part of the argument of the other side, the noise and pollution. Which is a BIG part of why they quit making 2-strokes in '06.

I know in Michigan there are LOTS and lots of trails so even if they close half of them there will be plenty. And we have a great DNR that keep the yuppies in line, so it's not as big of a problem as in say California.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Learning the 6.0 game…...

Quote:
Ditto on what OUTCAST said

When you ride trail in the forests, etc, your NOT riding to tear up the countryside, rather to TAKE IN the countryside, and do as little damage, and leave as little footprint as possible with your machine. Your not out to "kamakazie" the land on your rig, rather your rig is just being used for transporting you into the wilderness, and through it. Being hunting, camping, or just a days outing. Would you like to go to a place that has a bunch of burnout marks and doughnuts torn into a nice grassy meadow? I wouldn't.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Conservative and Proud

I'll watch the video again at home where I have a sound card... Ps some of that looks like where I ride in Central Oregon.

If you guys want to get involved though. .... Americans For Responsible Recreational Access

They'll send notices directly to your email.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Cynic

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.