Anyone watch Sons of Guns? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Video/Movie Forum Our Personal Video Gallery & Other Video Links, Discussion, Support, Promotion, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone watch Sons of Guns?

Seen most of the episodes and I think I like the show less and less the more I watch it. Between the old guy's (Will) melodramatic tone to his b*tch of a daughter, I'm not sure who I want to punch first. The show has such potential but I almost have to put it on mute to watch it. What's everyone else's take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Lowdown89 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowdown89
I like it, I'm not much for his daughter but overall the show is cool...she does prob know more about guns than I do haha
Old 07-16-2011, 06:03 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
I think its awesome I would like to order a gun from them. That silenced shot gun looks sweet.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:05 PM

I like the show, but they act like they actually do business. Their web site is a joke

I just like watchin chit blow up
Old 07-16-2011, 10:36 PM

Those red-neck white-trash idiots? No I don't watch then, first of all these guys are idiots when it comes to safety, I watched one episode where they were converting semi-auto thompsons to full-auto and they managed to fu** it up so that after you pulled the trigger it fires until it runs out of ammo. And of course on the first test run you always start off with a full mag.... Really? And they are not helping the publics image of "gun guys" they don't tell you that they are a class 2 SOT type 10 (minimum) and civilians cant own a machine gun made or imported after May 19, 1986. And owning any machine gun/ silencer/ sbr or AOW requires allot of paperwork and background checks and many months of waiting to acquire permission to be able to acquire one, And thats IF your state allows any of those!! The only people that can own a new machine gun is either military/Leo or are another class 2 dealer/manufacture. There are very limited number of civilian legal machine guns. No more will ever be available, so you would have to be an absolute idiot to "modify" one. These guys are first class idiots and the ATF should take away their license. I'm embarrassed to disgusted to be grouped together with these people.

Last edited by 44magnum; 07-16-2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: My spelling sucks when I'm pissed.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:31 AM
Premium Member

I concur 44. You hear him preach safety and then he fires a modified uzi towards his guys to scare them. OK, so a blank firing adapter was added... bottom line, you just don't do that in that environment unless you're reckless.

Like I said, I like the idea of the show... I just don't care for the people.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:04 AM

i think its a great show i just think with any kind of fame. you get c0cky so things like (44) said will happen.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I agree, the more I watch the show the less I like it, they come up with some stupid ideas, a freaking guitar gun?? come on seriously, that guy who came up with the idea is such a douche and thinks he's soo funny! everytime he opens his mouth I wanna punch my tv screen!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Premium Member

Yup... I agree. Not sure which one I hate hearing more... him, or his bubble-butt daughter.

What's with your screen name? I assume you have/had a WRX? I drove a Legacy GT Turbo for about 5 years before getting the PSD. Really miss the LGT and look forward to getting another one someday.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44magnum View Post
Those red-neck white-trash idiots? No I don't watch then, first of all these guys are idiots when it comes to safety, I watched one episode where they were converting semi-auto thompsons to full-auto and they managed to fu** it up so that after you pulled the trigger it fires until it runs out of ammo. And of course on the first test run you always start off with a full mag.... Really? And they are not helping the publics image of "gun guys" they don't tell you that they are a class 2 SOT type 10 (minimum) and civilians cant own a machine gun made or imported after May 19, 1986. And owning any machine gun/ silencer/ sbr or AOW requires allot of paperwork and background checks and many months of waiting to acquire permission to be able to acquire one, And thats IF your state allows any of those!! The only people that can own a new machine gun is either military/Leo or are another class 2 dealer/manufacture. There are very limited number of civilian legal machine guns. No more will ever be available, so you would have to be an absolute idiot to "modify" one. These guys are first class idiots and the ATF should take away their license. I'm embarrassed to disgusted to be grouped together with these people.

Alot of paperwork?

No. A form 1 or 4 takes all of three minutes to fill out in duplicate. Finger print cards and pass port photos take 10 minutes at kinkos and sheriffs office. The CLEO sign off can take a couple weeks(been my experience) to get back to you......but forming a trust or corperation avoids that. All thats left is a $200 check. Package all that up and send to Atlanta for a transfer or WV for a new manufacture. The last 3 stamps Ive got back this year all took about 4 months to approve. There are only like 12 examiners doing all the work for the NFA

Machine gun info is correct. Transferables are not all that rare....just very expensive. You did leave out post May samples but thats another game. I tend to agree that the harrison act will never get repealed, and thus re legalize newly manufactured MG's. But I can hope.

Suppressors are everywhere and continually being improved upon(and you wont shoot without once youve started. 9mm and 22lr's are the best) Not too hard on the check book either.

Buying and building short barrels is nothing....just wait for your stamp to assemble.

These states allow suppressors: AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MO, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI, and WY. Most of them probably allow SBR's and machine guns too. Some states have specific regs like mine, Missouri. I have to maintain a C&R license which is nothing really. I see your in Iowa. Sorry.

Yes, Sons of GUns are goof balls and dont do a good job of informing the viewer about NFA items......but there is only so much TV time and they probably dont want to bore people. And their suppressors are junk......not to mention an AK makes a terrible host.

Last edited by sanman28; 08-04-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.