watch out when ya come to savannah, GA - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Video/Movie Forum Our Personal Video Gallery & Other Video Links, Discussion, Support, Promotion, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonboywv12
watch out when ya come to savannah, GA

it was in the news she is suing the police dept. for a nice check.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I guess next time a cop tells them to get on the ground, they'll do it
Old 03-23-2011, 03:07 PM

yeah good point, but i kinda have to disagree with ya on that. you don't see any time or brutality there? i can understand the night sticks but graving the girls by the waist and dropping her? she got a broken nose out of this whole or deal as well.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:23 PM

why didn't he just restrain the woman from the beginning? They have these things called handcuffs.

I don't even have training and I could of had both of them in handcuffs and bent over the hood within seconds.

Last edited by Need4racin; 03-23-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4racin View Post
why didn't he just restrain the woman from the beginning? They have these things called handcuffs.

I don't even have training and I could of had both of them in handcuffs and bent over the hood within seconds.
idk...i see your from GA come on down to savannah and show'em a thing or two
Old 03-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I guess I didn't phrase that right. What I meant was that I have a lot of respect for cops. They put their life on the line for us. If a cop tells you to do something, you should do it and not ask any questions. Plus, there were a bunch of people standing around and I'm sure that he was trying to control the situation, plus, watch his back to make sure that no one else got involved. While I do agree that he was a little rough when he threw that girl on the ground, if she'd have done what he asked of her in the first place, it probably wouldn't have happened...
Old 03-23-2011, 08:13 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Monday night quarterbacks.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Do I understand why the cops did what they did, yes. They walked up on a fight and don't know who was throwing the punches, and she didn't lay down when he told her too.

Do I think the woman has a case against the cops, yes. That was clearly too much force for a 300lb cop to use on a 110lb woman. He should have stood next to the guy on the ground, turned her around and cuffed her the moment he thought she was in the wrong rather than macing her, letting her walk around, and then coming back with such force. I don't think its in the cop owners manual anywhere to "grab criminal by belt, pick up, slam to ground face first" if he had her back facing him, he should have reached for her arms and pulled them behind her to cuff her.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I guess I didn't phrase that right. What I meant was that I have a lot of respect for cops. They put their life on the line for us. If a cop tells you to do something, you should do it and not ask any questions. Plus, there were a bunch of people standing around and I'm sure that he was trying to control the situation, plus, watch his back to make sure that no one else got involved. While I do agree that he was a little rough when he threw that girl on the ground, if she'd have done what he asked of her in the first place, it probably wouldn't have happened...
Exactly, cop tells you to do something you do it, end of story. If you cooperate with them and your innocent chances are they'll listen to you.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:12 PM

agreed they should have complied ....but the baton wacks and face plant were uncalled for . when i speak to a police officer for whatever reason its always "YES SIR , NO PROBLEM SIR " .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.