Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

You have to see this

3K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  gonecheenin 
#1 ·
#2 ·
:ditto: :agree: i havent heard any more about this movie coming out.

#4 ·
whada ya mean bs?? global warming is real aint it?

#5 ·
super_stroke said:
whada ya mean bs?? global warming is real aint it?
well.....if you want to get me started....here i go...this should stirr up some posts.......

global warming ISNT man caused and ISNT anything we can do about. the earth goes through cycles, it warms up untill something triggers an ice age, then it cools back off an becomes an unlivable, barren arctic ruin. some scientists say there have been as many as 6 of these cycles that the earth has gone through, but most agree there has been 2-3. during that cycle the earth starts as a virtually unlivable arctic environment, which kills off a lot of the life on the planet, or that life adapts or goes dormant. eventually, that cycle starts ending and the earth begins to warm. as it warms, ice caps and glaciers MELT, and some reports are that at one point in time even the north and south poles of the earth have seen virtually tropical weather while most of the rest of the planet was vurtually a desert.

We are in one of these warming cylces. by the standards of the earth, we are not very far out of a full ice age, and temps will comtinue to rise no matter what man does, and yes, the oceans will rise and people will be killed or displaced. its tragic, but there is nothin we can do about it as the earth is something we cant change.

As far as the OZONE layer, the supposed "holes" in it are the biggest crock of them all. Ozone is made when sunlight goes through a particular layer of our atmosphere. the supposed ozone holes were discovered in the 50's, and are at our north and south poles. there has been no proven enlargment of those thin spots in the ozone, and the biggest thing to think about is if ozone is a byproduct of sunlight......then where are the thinnest spots gonna be!!!!!!.........oh......where it is dark for most of the day for six months of the year, and at some times it never gets light at the poles.........

i better stop before i ruffle too many feathers:soapbox:

#7 ·
consider my feathers not ruffled.

#9 ·
not worried about me eehhh. in that case i'm just plain P.O.ed now.:lol:

#11 ·
I was about to reply to the post when it first showed up, but I too elected to stay silent. But I have to say it's just more rhetoric than anything. I mean come on Al Gore.....???? The dude is a first class bomb throwing douch bag.

Marc is right on the points touched on in his post. One thing I seem to hear in re: to big Al's movie, is ...it's the hottest, or coldest, or whatever on record. That would be a vailid point, if weather record keeping went back about 5000 years :) but it doesn't.

#13 ·
My geologist girlfriend said almost exactly the same thing marc just did :thumb:

#14 ·
Agree'd somke. BUT, it is interesting to find out what others opinion's are on topic's such as this. Me, I just want to enjoy my time while I'm here. As far as I'm concerend, the world is going to hell in a hand basket anyways.

#15 ·
hey....it could be worse...it could be that email going around that the pentagon wasnt hit by a plane on 9/11.....that it was actually the US government shooting a missle at it:rolleyes:

#19 ·
mschn99 said:
lol...i figured that would rile you or rod up....:angel:

It's no secret around these parts my political persuasion. There HAS to be a tongue biting smiley around the web SOMEWHERE...........just consider that my post to this thread. :cool:

Al Gore's a weenie.

:agree:

#20 ·
Actually, it's difficult to determine exactly how we're altering the environment. Detailed data about historical weather patterns becomes exponentially less accurate as we step back in time. There isn't any doubt that we've altered the environment. The argument is whether we've altered it enough to make a difference. The problem is NEITHER side has enough accurate data to support either opinion.

It's best to take a neutral position in this matter. The only facts we have is that we're often confident in our opinion, but we're also often wrong, too. Taking one definitive side or the other is just an indication of emotional bias in the argument, and nothing more.

#21 ·
jtomasik said:
Actually, it's difficult to determine exactly how we're altering the environment. Detailed data about historical weather patterns becomes exponentially less accurate as we step back in time. There isn't any doubt that we've altered the environment. The argument is whether we've altered it enough to make a difference. The problem is NEITHER side has enough accurate data to support either opinion.

It's best to take a neutral position in this matter. The only facts we have is that we're often confident in our opinion, but we're also often wrong, too. Taking one definitive side or the other is just an indication of emotional bias in the argument, and nothing more.
Very well said!:cool:

Are you a professor?:D

#22 ·
I've taken a lot of science and math in college, and I've also taught college level calc courses. I do read a lot (usually stuff like Scientific American, Stephen Hawking, things on genetics, evolution, cosmology, religious history, human history, and quantum/nuclear physics). I'm just interested in how humans understand their environment. We're learing more, but, in actuality, we've only been really progressing in science for the past 150 years or so. Prior to that, the progressions were minimal and often diluted by the governments and the churches. Basically, humans, although we perceive ourselves as smart, are still pretty stupid when it comes to truly understanding our environment. Oh, I also like to drive big, smelly, noisy, powerful diesels that haul around loud and smelly dirtbikes. Go figure.

#23 ·
jtomasik said:
Oh, I also like to drive big, smelly, noisy, powerful diesels that haul around loud and smelly dirtbikes. Go figure.
:lol: :chicken: Doing your part for scientific research, right?!:D

#26 ·
Hey Maximus, welcome, what a great first post !

I think part of the underlying problem here is the fact that this is an Al Gore “documentary” much like The Blair Witch Project was a sort of “documentary” Anyway..... Al Gore, is one of those people folks just don’t trust. His entire career he has made some rather exaggerated statements to bolster his views and opinions. Which IMHO and from reading this thread many others, lends little, if any credibility to Al Gore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.