Jeep stuff (this weekend) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Video/Movie Forum Our Personal Video Gallery & Other Video Links, Discussion, Support, Promotion, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 02:54 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Jeep stuff (this weekend)

Well I took the jeep out in the woods behind my house this saturday. I wheeled around for about 90 minutes and came up to this ravine I wanted to cross. I went thru it the first time perfectly, but the second time I took the turn too wide and the bumper got hung up on a tree and buried the tires in the slickest mud I've ever been in. I made a 10 point turn in 2 feet of mud and tried going up the slick hill I slid down. I got up about 10 feet and couldn't go any further. With the help of my other truck (mazda) and a shovel I got it out but it took nearly 2.5 hours! Now the pics don't do it justice because there's nothing there to reference the size of the marks or the depth of the ravine.

The ravine was about 20 feet down with about 45-60 degree inclines for exits and thick woods. My jeep is basically stock with 31" worn out A/T's on them and a slipping clutch. I will have to admit this jeep is awesome in stock trim compared to my mazda.

Anyways, here are the pics and one video of the carnage!

Video of Where the jeep was stuck @ - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the top of the hill look to the right of the jeep there is about an 18 foot drop to the ravine floor.

Here is the drop I was just reffering to with the "dark" mud at the bottom.

Here is the jeep on the way down the 2nd time...

And this is it stuck, about 2 minutes later! LOL

Another angle

Another angle

The next day pix...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you gotta love the short wheel base of a jeep in the woods. nice pics marty!
Old 07-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
sweet pics marty..... i still havnt taken mine out this year... .will have to do it soon
Old 07-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
looks like it was fun. 'cept for the stuck part
Old 07-01-2007, 03:04 PM
International Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 099f350 View Post
you gotta love the short wheel base of a jeep in the woods. nice pics marty!
Oh yeh, it turns like a zero turn mower. Since I'm having difficulty locating the axles I want, I'm really thinking about welding the rear spider gears together since this thing only see time offroad and its a play toy. With lockers front and rear I probably could have made it out of that hole without the help of my mazda. I was getting both front tires to spin off and on and one rear tire spinning off and on and still did alright. I can't imagine what this thing would do with lockers front and rear!
Old 07-01-2007, 03:09 PM
International Threat

It was a great time, including the stuck! LOL I actually borrowed the neighbor's kids (like 13-14ish) and had them help out. They learned a bit and had fun and got muddy. I was dressed about the worst you could be because I was only out joy riding and not really expecting anything too severe. I had a beater on with jean shorts and flip flops. I was trekking through tons of posion ivy but I heard that if you wash it off really good with soap and water and/or get in a pool the chlorine will not allow it to affect you. Well needless to say it worked!!!!! So this is for all of you guys out there that deal with poison ivy... WASH IT OFF WITH A SOAPY RAG REALLY GOOD!!!! If only soap could wash away these mosquito bites!!!! LOL
Old 07-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintain View Post
Oh yeh, it turns like a zero turn mower. Since I'm having difficulty locating the axles I want, I'm really thinking about welding the rear spider gears together since this thing only see time offroad and its a play toy. With lockers front and rear I probably could have made it out of that hole without the help of my mazda. I was getting both front tires to spin off and on and one rear tire spinning off and on and still did alright. I can't imagine what this thing would do with lockers front and rear!
hahaha, my friend has a CJ-5 with a 4 inch lift, 33x14x15 Boggers, lockers f&r, and a 302 out of a Mustang with a granny 4 speed, that little thing is bad azz, it will go good, but having the power to actually turn the tires up good is a must with Boggers, his sorta just skims across the top of most of the stuff he hits
Old 07-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
yeah I wish there was a mosquito bite be gone!
Old 07-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Lord Tauk Send a message via AIM to Lord Tauk
Looks like fun Marty
Old 07-01-2007, 04:17 PM
International Threat

Dave, I used my winch on my mazda last night thinking it would pull the jeep up and out of the hole but it wasn't strong enough. It's rated at 3500lbs and the jeep weighs 3800 so it looks like I'm going to have to upgrade the winch for the winchplate you cut out for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.