GM going down - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Video/Movie Forum Our Personal Video Gallery & Other Video Links, Discussion, Support, Promotion, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 08:30 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
GM going down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQRzW...eature=related

looking through youtube and wow is there some weird and crazy stuff on there, this vid was ummmm different...can go on for hours with just the truck and car vids

Last edited by xidex; 11-19-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: comp locked up and didnt finish post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

wow that was ummm....interesting i guess.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:19 AM

Good soundtrack

Chevy/ GMC, well what do you expect from a company that, if not for government bailout money, wouldn't exist today...................

And Dodge, well, they're in the same boat as the above.

Now, the diesels that Dodge and Chevy use, may be the exception to the rule.

Cummins is a very well known company, and they make an exceptional motor.

Duramax. Well, many people don't even know who makes the Duramax motors. The Duramax is an Isuzu made motor. So, while we may not like the D-max, it's not a chevy/ gmc product.

Oh, and one last thing. To all those people who bought Dodge trucks with the Cummins motor, because they can't stand Ford. To this, I say thank you. Little do they know, that Ford OWNS Cummins. Thanks for supporting the cause guys.

mike
Old 11-23-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndrm View Post
Ford OWNS Cummins
tell me you really dont believe that,it has proven to be untrue on these boards time and time again. if ford owned them there would be a cummins under our hoods right now.iirc ford had a share in cummins some time ago but no longer even has that.i know i know they put cummins in the 650's and so on,ford obviously has a contract with cummins for those apps.so lets just forget you ever said that.

Last edited by 97powerstroker; 11-23-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:51 AM

Yeah, point and laugh.

Did some research, it seems Ford held shares in Cummins in the early '90's. Cummins has since bought them back.

If you think a Cummins is superior, and you want one under your hood, then put one there.

mike
Old 11-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndrm View Post
Duramax. Well, many people don't even know who makes the Duramax motors. The Duramax is an Isuzu made motor. So, while we may not like the D-max, it's not a chevy/ gmc product...

...Oh, and one last thing. To all those people who bought Dodge trucks with the Cummins motor, because they can't stand Ford. To this, I say thank you. Little do they know, that Ford OWNS Cummins...
Sure didn't know Izuzu made the D-Max. Now its more understandable why it's so well liked

If Ford owns Cummins, I sure wish they'd have had the forethougt to put one in thier trucks
Old 11-24-2009, 03:22 AM

Well, apon doing much research (to be sure) Ford doen't own Cummins. Apparently it's some kind of vicious rumor that started some years ago, and everybody's expected to know that it was just a rumor.

Ford was a shareholder of Cummins stock in the early '90's. Cummins has since bought that stock back from Ford.

Personally, I wish Ford did own Cummins. I wish you could get your "choice" of diesels. (International or Cummins) But alas, that's not the case.

It'll be interesting though, since Ford has now dropped International Navistar, and designed their own in house, diesel motor. I wonder what the competion will refer to it as.

mike
Old 11-24-2009, 07:40 PM

Actually the Duramax isn't made by Isuzu anymore. They are done with the project.
Now it is just D-MAX which is a subsidiary of GM.

Cummins is their own company. They also own Cummins Power Generation (Onan), Cummins Turbo Technologies (Holset), Cummins Generator Technologies (Newage AVK-SEG), and Cummins Emission Solutions (Nelson)
Old 11-25-2009, 02:38 AM

Dang, I've been nappin somthin fierce. The Duramax was designed by Isuzu, and produced by DMAX (a joint ventrue between GM and Isuzu). But back in '06, GM sold off it's stock in Isuzu, ending the relationship. So......I guess the new Duramaxes are all built in house now. (I can't seem to find anything that states "where" the engines are made, so I'm presuming they're being made by DMAX, but with no assistance from Isuzu)

Jeeze, I'm batting 0 for 2. Guess I don't really care enough about the engines I don't have to keep up with them.

mike
Old 11-29-2009, 06:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Cummins is their own company. They also own Cummins Power Generation (Onan), Cummins Turbo Technologies (Holset), Cummins Generator Technologies (Newage AVK-SEG), and Cummins Emission Solutions (Nelson)[/QUOTE]

Don't forget we(I work for Cummins) also own Cummins Filtration = Fleetguard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.