My new truck! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Video/Movie Forum Our Personal Video Gallery & Other Video Links, Discussion, Support, Promotion, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 08:06 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My new truck!

I finally found a truck. Its a 2003 centennial edition lariat. I picked it up last friday. I hope this is the right area to post pics.

I do not know the extent of the mods that are on the truck. I bought it from a lady who bought it from the guy that installed everything. I know it has aftermarket exhaust it appears to be at least 5 inch. It has a Rough country lift kit the lady told me it is a 8 inch lift. The rims are gear rims and nitto terra grappler tires. It has a AFE filter on it with the stock airbox. A local truck company here in Nebraska told me to get the AFE stage 2 SI cold air kit. this guy told me it would give my truck 19 horse and 114 foot/lbs of torque. Is he for real or is he blowing smoke up my A$$?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
well yes he is blowing smoke up your *** i dont know if it was a typo on the 114 you might see 10-15 hp and like 30 for torque or something like that is what there rated at
Old 10-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

Nice truck! Wanna trade?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:15 AM

Nice looking truck.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:39 AM

Sweet rig man!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:29 AM

Thanks everyone.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:36 AM
Banned

Nice truck Is there anything different from a centennial edition lariat than a regular lariat?
Old 10-04-2009, 07:41 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Very nice looking truck!
Old 10-04-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03-blue-Powerstroke View Post
Nice truck Is there anything different from a centennial edition lariat than a regular lariat?
there is badging on the sides and on the backrest of the front seats it has stitched Ford Motor company centennial edition. I will take pics later on.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03-blue-Powerstroke View Post
Five new limited-edition vehicles, designed to mark Ford Motor Company’s 100th year of building automobiles, will be displayed for the first time ever at the 2002 Washington Auto Show. The three comprehensively-equipped Centennial-edition cars – the 2003 Ford Mustang, Focus and Taurus – and two trucks – the 2003 Ford F-Series Super Duty and Explorer – will be on display at the Washington Convention Center from Dec. 26 through Jan. 1, 2003. In honor of Henry Ford, who established Ford Motor Company on June 16, 1903 and invented the moving assembly line, the Centennial-editions will be available in “any color so long as it is black.” In 1914, Ford famously ordered his Highland Park (Mich.) Model T factory to use black paint exclusively. The move was borne out of Ford’s zeal for simplicity, efficiency and affordability: black enamel paint dried faster than other colors, which meant more cars could be built each day at a lower cost. The same year, Ford slashed the workday from 10 to eight hours and introduced the $5 per day minimum wage – more than double the prevailing rate. The combination of low production costs, affordable prices and generous wages helped mobilize society: Model T prices dropped from $850 at introduction to less than $300 by the early 1920s, and annual sales soared from roughly 300,000 units to a peak of more than 1.8 million. “Henry Ford’s vision was to offer honest, reliable and affordable transportation for the masses. That’s exactly what Ford stands for today,” said Jim O’Connor, Ford Motor Company group vice president for North America Marketing, Sales and Service. In addition to black clearcoat exterior paint, all Ford Centennial-edition vehicles include:
•Premium Verona-grain Imola leather seating surfaces in two-tone parchment.
•Ford 100th Anniversary deck lid and side badges.
•A commemorative key chain and watch.
•A copy of the limited edition, lavishly illustrated coffee table book, “The Ford Century.”
Each vehicle also includes a black leather owner’s guide portfolio with the embossed signatures of Henry Ford, his son Edsel Ford (company president from 1919 – 1943), Edsel’s son Henry Ford II (company president from 1945 – 1960 and chairman from 1960 – 1980) and Henry Ford’s great grandson, William Clay Ford, Jr. (chairman 1999 – 2001; chairman and chief executive office, 2001– present). Standard equipment for each Centennial model is extensive:
•Ford Mustang Centennial coupe and convertible: 17-inch premium alloy wheels; anti-lock brakes and traction control; dual exhaust; power driver’s seat with power lumbar support; leather-wrapped steering wheel; and Mach 460 AM/FM Stereo with six-disc CD changer.
•Ford Focus Centennial Edition sedan: 16-inch aluminum wheels; rear spoiler; fog lamps; leather-wrapped steering wheel with tilt and telescoping column; AM/FM Stereo with CD and MP3 player; and driver’s seat lumbar support.
•Ford Taurus Centennial Edition sedan: 16-inch machined aluminum wheels; AM/FM Stereo with six-disc CD changer; power driver’s seat; anti-lock brakes; power-adjustable pedals; automatic headlamps; leather-wrapped steering wheel and center armrest; simulated wood door and instrument panel trim; and anti-theft alarm system.
•Ford Explorer Centennial Edition four-door SUV: 17-inch chrome wheels; chrome roof rack and grille; power driver and front passenger seats; fog lamps; AM/FM Stereo with in-dash six-disc CD changer; and leather-wrapped steering and center console.
•Ford F-Series Super Duty Crew Cab Centennial Edition: leather-wrapped steering wheel and center console; overhead storage console; sliding rear window; power driver’s seat; power windows; privacy glass; and a color-keyed rear bumper.The Centennial editions will be available in Ford dealer showrooms in spring 2003. Production will be limited to 3,000 units each for Mustang, Focus, and Super Duty and 4,000 units for Explorer and Taurus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.