Track Tonight... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Video/Movie Forum Our Personal Video Gallery & Other Video Links, Discussion, Support, Promotion, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2007, 09:12 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Track Tonight...

I REALLY need to learn how to brighten these up b4 I post them if I'm going to continue to take video's at night lol.

Long stories/short.
Ran out of diesel
Tried running the SCT live data, didn't work.
My T/C started messing up
Launches sucked, times sucked (best was 15.5 so I guess not THAT bad).
Ditty owes me a 6 pack. lol

Here are some video's...
Ditty's 2nd run against some little car.

Here on the launch the front tires spin, the truck "bogs" and then takes off...

The main event... Maintain vs Ditty

I got some more video's but most of them were of a bunch of Cummins that my friend Kyle was drooling over. I had one guy tell me he had 550hp with a chip and tranny and then he ran a 14.7 lol... I asked him which dyno he got that number from and conveniently he got a phone call and never came back over LOL.

Either way, it was great meeting ditty, thanks for the help, and I'm glad we ran em. Next time hopefully you'll have a turbo, and I'll have a built tranny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks like fun Man I wish I had an auto
U just get the sct live?? Is it so you can get new burns sent directly to your computer and download on your SCT?
Old 03-02-2007, 10:45 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
It was a good time! I defenatly need some practice launching and shifting the 6 spd faster.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:46 AM
Banned

So......what was Ditty's time? It looked like it wasn't anywhere near a blowout!
Old 03-03-2007, 04:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I was thinking about going to the track last night but I didn't go. When are you guys going next?
Old 03-03-2007, 06:45 AM
International Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
I was thinking about going to the track last night but I didn't go. When are you guys going next?
2 Friday's from now, but I won't be running my truck. I'm going down to see Dockboy's new motor and times and I'll be video taping for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
So......what was Ditty's time? It looked like it wasn't anywhere near a blowout!
In the race "Ditty vs Maintain" he ran a 17 flat and I ran a 16 flat. Not to make up excuses but my truck wouldn't launch b/c of the T/C...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked95 View Post
Looks like fun Man I wish I had an auto
U just get the sct live?? Is it so you can get new burns sent directly to your computer and download on your SCT?
It's my buddies, I can't install it on my truck for 2 reasons, it's truck specific like Super Chips so you can't install it on more the one truck at a time. And it's also specifically programmed for my buddies truck who has injectors and turbo so it wouldn't do me much good! I was trying to run the live data with it last night, but couldn't get it to work
Old 03-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Man it looks like you guys had a blast!!
Old 03-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That's pretty cool and looks like you guys had a good time... Too bad about your lockup prob. So has Ditty paid up or does he still owe ya???
Old 03-04-2007, 02:20 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
I still owe. I didn't want to risk taking the beer to the track and then getting 'em broken through the launches. I'll be paying up on the 16th. I had never launched in 4WD before friday and MAN it's violent. I did a little testing on Sat morning to see the difference on traction on a track and on regular roads. The track is better, but not by much. I don't think they do much track prep at Cecil Co. for the fri/sat night races.

I definately need either gears or stock tires size for racing. I'm turning right under 3000 rpm's in 4th gong through the trap. If I had to shift into 5th, it would loose me a lot of time. Anyone want to buy me an Auto tranny and swap it w/ my 6 spd? LOL

Ohh...I almost forgot. I'm not seeing any compressor surge on the track. I get it on my daily driving but Fri night, I didn't hear it or see it in the boost gauge. Kinda Weird.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:31 PM
International Threat

It's exhilerating to run at the track. No worries about cops, stop signs, pedestrians! LOL

Oh Yeh...

My buddy found a complete 12v Cummins w/ intercooler for 1500 bucks... Kinda makes you think

lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.