Non-Profit Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Vendor Jungle Discuss / Promote Your Products , Give Support , Information , News , Prices , Group Buy Information Ect

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 10:07 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Non-Profit Help

Alright Guys and Girls here is what is going on, my wife and I are starting a Non-profit orginization benifiting Spinal Cord Injury Reaserch and Education. First I will give you some back ground on who we are and why we are doing this, then I will tell you what we need help with

My wife and I were both EMT/Firefighters in Orange County, New York. On April 14th, 2008, 2 days after her 21st birthday, my wife Bonnie was riding passenger seat in her ambulance enroute to a hospital for a routine transport. Her ambulance struck another vehichle parked on the side of the road. After being cut from the wreckage, Bonnie was life flighted to the local trauma center in critical condition. We found out later that day that after hours of operations the doctors were forced to amputate her right arm at the shoulder, and that she was still very critcal and might not make it through the night. As you could Imagine this was devistatting to all of us. Well Bonnie made it through the night and showed a little improvement the next day. Later that day the doctors came to us and told us that Bonnie and crushed vertabrae and would likely never walk again, and also that she would spend the rest of her life unable to breath on her own and would likely never talk or be able to eat normally again.

Well long story short Bonnie is now 100% breathing on her own, talks up a storm and has a better appitie than the whole family combined. She still can't walk and has very limited use of her remaining arm. Bonnie now has a powerchair so she can get around on her own, and her attitude is remarkable. She will but a smile on anyones face she encounters, Including my own!

Prior to the accident Bonnie had a very passionate love of Ford trucks, especially jacked up diesels . With the help of donations and the guys at Ryno Trucks, Bonnie has a 2009 Chevy 2500hd that is being converted for her to ride in with her wheelchair. Yup thats right a wheelchair accesible Truck. Ya I know its a Chevy but they can't covert Fords yet.

So here is what we are doing! We have started a Non-profit orginazation called "Twisted Wheels". We are going to take both our trucks to local car shows and eventually to shows nation wide. My truck will soon be covered in our logos and we will have our webswite up soon. While at the shows we will be talking to people about Spinal Cord Injuries, how they can be prevented, and what excatly they are. Also we will be collecting donations for Spinal cord research to help find a cure.

So here is were you come in, so far all of our preperations have been funded by us and our family, but we are needing some help. Below you will find a small list of what we are needing and it will be updated accordingly as this project continues. At this time we are not 501(c)(3), but we are in the process, so we can not help with a tax deduction. But we will advertise for you on my truck and at the shows.

Thank You for all you help,
David and Bonnie

Ok so when I started this our list was a lot bigger, but some locals pulled through and helped out so here is what we are currenttly looking for.

A small 4x4 trailer (runs about $200 at northern tool) we will be building a display on it to take to the shows that will have information, donation box, and display or shirts that we will be selling. If somone would like to donate this we will happily put your company logo on it (details will be discussed as to logo size and such)

Also we are wanting to get one of those little coin spiral thingies so we are looking for a sponsor or multiple sponsors as they can be kind of expensive. We will put your logo on the container and the truck.

If you would like more info, or to help in any way PM me or email at admin@twistedwheels.org.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to geoff thomas
Hi there as i don't live in the US i will not really be able to help you, but i would just like to wish you all the best in your quest as I know a girl who is now in a wheel chair after breaking her back in a moto x accident and now she is back riding again on a fully adapted bike. Just wondered have you looked into the wings for life foundation they may be able to assist you,
All the luck in the world
Geoff
Old 06-10-2009, 10:22 AM

Thank you for your good wishes, we have been in contact with wings for life foundation as we are still trying to decide which org we will be providing the donations too.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:37 AM

Well I can't help you but I applaud you and your family for everything you've been through and what you are doing
Old 06-10-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbols View Post
Well I can't help you but I applaud you and your family for everything you've been through and what you are doing
Many times kind words and thoughts are more valuable than anything monetary.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:22 PM

do you have a paypal acct to send money to? maybe we can gather up enough donations for you guys to buy that trailer or spiral thingy lol.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to ABoyAndHisToys
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamstoyz View Post
do you have a paypal acct to send money to? maybe we can gather up enough donations for you guys to buy that trailer or spiral thingy lol.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:00 PM

OK, so here is whats up, we do have a PayPal account set up but I didn't initially go that route because of a few reasons. We are not a 501(c)(3) yet, basically that means you can not deduct your donation from your taxes. Businesses are usually wary of donating when you are not a 501(c)(3) due to the worry that the organization is fake or a fraud. So it was recommended that we offer to display the Logo of business in return for there donation. With that same idea our website is not yet up and running so there is little proof that we have to offer that we are real...get the problem . its a catch 22 right now...we don't have a product to show (such as prior sponsorships) until we get donations to help build the organization up, and we can't build the company up with out a little help

With all that being said if anyone feels like helping out on the "honor system" rest assured your donations will be put to a good use, and will help us educate the public and generate more revenue for research. our email for our paypal is admin@twistedwheels.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.