Holiday Sale on 6-Position Phoenix™ Chips! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Vendor Jungle Discuss / Promote Your Products , Give Support , Information , News , Prices , Group Buy Information Ect

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Holiday Sale on 6-Position Phoenix™ Chips!

PHP's Holiday Sale · December 1 thru 24

7.3L 6-Position Phoenix™ Chip with Switch

Choose any SIX standard files:

STOCK CALIBRATION - Sometimes just nice to have
VALET MODE - Keeps the kids (or your friends) in check
HIGH-IDLE - Ideal for PTO operation or faster warm-ups
SMOKESHOW™ - Nobody admits it, but nearly every diesel owner wants it!
WHISPER MODE™ - Now you can hit the drive-thru and place your order
or do your banking without having to turn your truck off
FUEL-SIPPER™ - Gains of up to 2 to 4 mpg
25HP HEAVY TOW
40HP MODERATE TOW
65HP STANDARD TOW
80HP PERFORMANCE
80HP ECONOMY
100HP PERFORMANCE
120HP RACE
140HP EXTREME

Other power level combinations are available - just ask!

*Modified trucks (i.e., injectors, big oil, twins or big singles, etc.) will require custom tuning and are subject to additional charges. Please contact us to discuss your specific tuning needs.

Last edited by Groovy Chick; 12-03-2008 at 04:15 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Do you guy do any sponsorships for show trucks???
Old 12-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Premium Member

We've been approached before, but we haven't agreed to sponsor anyone -- yet.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:30 PM

Just wondering and not trying to be rude, but ive only been on the org for a few months and havent heard of this chip...how does it compare to a TS or a Tony Wildman chip....again just wondering if anyone has experience with these because im interested in one
Old 12-02-2008, 04:18 PM

ive never herd of the whisper mode that sure would come in handy!!(if i had a 7.3)
Old 12-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2280 View Post
ive never herd of the whisper mode that sure would come in handy!!(if i had a 7.3)
someone posted a video on here a while back running a similar tune, it was pretty cool
Old 12-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Premium Member

You're not being rude at all! It's hard to answer your question without providing some background...

Bill (my husband, tuner, computer engineer, and the other half of PHP) started out at Superchips in the 90s. He was one of the first people to start tuning the 7.3s and wrote a lot of the original calibrations. He left Superchips, and we opened our own company, Diesel Power in NC. In 2003, Bill was approached by Edge to be their Ford Guy, and we moved to Utah. He was one of the lead engineers on the Edge Evolution.

Last year, we relocated back the east coast and started Power Hungry Performance. Since Bill's name hadn't been out on the forums for 3½ years, we focused most of our attention on retailing to the gassers while our dealers handled the diesels.

After a successful year tuning for the gasoline market, we thought it was about time to jump into the diesel world again with both feet!

We offer many products and services including:
  • Live Tuning
  • 6.0L FICM Reprogramming
  • Phoenix™ 6-Position Chips - We use TS hardware, but the tuning is exclusively ours
  • Dash-Mounted Gryphon™ Programmers - We are the only company who private labels the Edge Evolution and the only ones who are allowed to custom tune it. We offer them for:
    • 1988-2003 Ford Gasoline Cars and Trucks
    • 1997-2003 Ford F-Series 4.6L & 5.4L Triton V8s
    • 2004-2008 (soon to add '09) Ford F-150 4.6L & 5.4L Triton V8s
    • 2003-2007 Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesels
    • 2007-2008 (soon to add '09) Ford 6.4L Power Stroke Diesels
    • 1994½-2003 Ford 7.3L Power Stroke Diesels
    We also have an upgrade program for customers who already have the Evolution but have made modifications to their trucks which have caused driveability issues, as the Evo was designed for stock vehicles.
  • Minotaur™ Tuning Software Package - Customers can finally tune their own 7.3Ls or just tweak their tunes! The package includes the Minotaur Software, Manual, RDT file for their truck, a blank 6-position chip, and a burner. Some customers may have purchased this from us under the name DP-Tuner (not associated with the company that calls itself by the same name, BTW) when we owned Diesel Power. For a small fee, we can update you to the latest version!
  • Diesel Tuning Software Training - We offer a 3-day training session where customers can learn how to use the Minotaur Software, as well as how to tune the 7.3L. At a minimum, this training session covers How to Use the Minotaur Software, Diesel Tuning Basics including Fuel Injection Theory for the HEUI system, Injection Timing, Shifting Strategies, and Basic Modifications for supporting aftermarket components. Other topics that may be covered, time permitting: 6.0L tuning vs. 7.3L tuning and tuning for gasoline vehicles.

Heartbeatracing, I don't mean to use your question to jump up on a soapbox and start promoting our company and its products; we sincerely are not into the whole "self-promotion" thing. It's just that it's difficult to come onto a new forum and talk about our products and services when it probably seems like we're some newbies who don't have a clue. Ironically, we've been in the business longer than most -- or at least many.

With over a dozen years of tuning experience, you can be pretty sure that Bill knows his stuff. Tony Wildman, who I know is widely respected on the forums, would probably be the first one to agree. In fact, I just found this post from 2006 a little while ago... (Thanks, Tony!!)

Tony Wildman Gives Bill Cohron a Thumbs Up

... and the third post on this thread is pertinent, too!

Tuner History 101

Thank you for taking the time to read this book. Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Last edited by Groovy Chick; 12-03-2008 at 03:33 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Welcome to the Org! I am in the market for a chip as I sold my superchips tuner. I will have another choice for my decision on a chip
Old 12-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2280 View Post
It's a pretty cool setting and one of our more popular calibrations -- as you might imagine.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:40 PM

is there any way to know if you have the updated ficm flash or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.