You're not being rude at all! It's hard to answer your question without providing some background...
Bill (my husband, tuner, computer engineer, and the other half of PHP) started out at Superchips in the 90s. He was one of the first people to start tuning the 7.3s and wrote a lot of the original calibrations. He left Superchips, and we opened our own company, Diesel Power in NC. In 2003, Bill was approached by Edge to be their Ford Guy, and we moved to Utah. He was one of the lead engineers on the Edge Evolution.
Last year, we relocated back the east coast and started Power Hungry Performance. Since Bill's name hadn't been out on the forums for 3½ years, we focused most of our attention on retailing to the gassers while our dealers handled the diesels.
After a successful year tuning for the gasoline market, we thought it was about time to jump into the diesel world again with both feet!
We offer many products and services including:
- Live Tuning
- 6.0L FICM Reprogramming
- Phoenix™ 6-Position Chips - We use TS hardware, but the tuning is exclusively ours
- Dash-Mounted Gryphon™ Programmers - We are the only company who private labels the Edge Evolution and the only ones who are allowed to custom tune it. We offer them for:
We also have an upgrade program for customers who already have the Evolution but have made modifications to their trucks which have caused driveability issues, as the Evo was designed for stock vehicles.
- 1988-2003 Ford Gasoline Cars and Trucks
- 1997-2003 Ford F-Series 4.6L & 5.4L Triton V8s
- 2004-2008 (soon to add '09) Ford F-150 4.6L & 5.4L Triton V8s
- 2003-2007 Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesels
- 2007-2008 (soon to add '09) Ford 6.4L Power Stroke Diesels
- 1994½-2003 Ford 7.3L Power Stroke Diesels
- Minotaur™ Tuning Software Package - Customers can finally tune their own 7.3Ls or just tweak their tunes! The package includes the Minotaur Software, Manual, RDT file for their truck, a blank 6-position chip, and a burner. Some customers may have purchased this from us under the name DP-Tuner (not associated with the company that calls itself by the same name, BTW) when we owned Diesel Power. For a small fee, we can update you to the latest version!
- Diesel Tuning Software Training - We offer a 3-day training session where customers can learn how to use the Minotaur Software, as well as how to tune the 7.3L. At a minimum, this training session covers How to Use the Minotaur Software, Diesel Tuning Basics including Fuel Injection Theory for the HEUI system, Injection Timing, Shifting Strategies, and Basic Modifications for supporting aftermarket components. Other topics that may be covered, time permitting: 6.0L tuning vs. 7.3L tuning and tuning for gasoline vehicles.
Heartbeatracing, I don't mean to use your question to jump up on a soapbox and start promoting our company and its products; we sincerely are not into the whole "self-promotion" thing. It's just that it's difficult to come onto a new forum and talk about our products and services when it probably seems like we're some newbies who don't have a clue. Ironically, we've been in the business longer than most -- or at least many.
With over a dozen years of tuning experience, you can be pretty sure that Bill knows his stuff.
Tony Wildman, who I know is widely respected on the forums, would probably be the first one to agree. In fact, I just found this post from 2006 a little while ago...
Tony Wildman Gives Bill Cohron a Thumbs Up
... and the third post on this thread is pertinent, too!
Tuner History 101
Thank you for taking the time to read this book.
Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.