Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Any vendors sell factory parts?

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  smokin 
#1 ·
I am in a pinch. I have factory warranty that no dealership in the state will honor, since I have a lift kit installed on my truck. Well my steering box is shot on my truck and need a new one. The dealership quoted me $820 just for the steering box this does not include labor.

#2 ·
#3 ·
#4 ·
shop junk yard :) oh and i would install a stering stabilizer to help the new box from pre mature failure.

#7 ·
you could find some one with factory suspension thats truck is still udnder warantee swap em boxes an then have them go in and get a new one installed on their truck :lol:

#9 ·
that is bullcrap that thay wont warranty your truck since it has a lift on it. i have a 6'' set up and 37' toyo's, and i have yet to have any issues with the warranty repairs. talk to the service manager see if they can help you out. if not then go to corporate ford. just because you have a lift doesnt mean that they can void your whole warranty, or not honor it. you should find each and every little issue with the truck and take it to them, and ask for it to be fixed. thay cant not honor the warranty for door locks, or window motors, or anything unless the lift it self is actually causing the issue, which i doubt it is.

#10 ·
what they are trying to argue is that the suspension lift and bigger tires is exceeding the limits of the factory steering componants causing pre mature wear not actualy caused by a factory defect what im sure they meant is that the warantee will not cover the parts that need replaced on the steering... it is actualy elegal for them to void the entire warantee and the 08's actualy have a piece of paper that you recieve when you purchase the vehicle that states modifications to the vehicle will only void the portion of the warantee that covers the parts that are modified

that still leaves allot of grey areah tho such as suspension lift and tires would void suspension/ steering/ drive shafts etc. where a tuner/ intake/ exhaust could void any drive train warantees. an after market cd player would void the warantee on your door speakers etc etc etc

and some times it all just depends on how stupid the dealer is :)

#12 ·
wow..i did not know:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.