Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Truck was stolen

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  cweiss87 
#1 ·
Hey guys from utah I had my powerstroke stolen this morning. Watch your trucks. Apparently these super duty's are easy to stealing you don't have the key with a chip in it.

#2 ·
Where did you have it stolen from?

#3 ·
It was stolen out of West valley city. It was actually recovered and didn't have much damage. Come to find out they used it to steal trailers.

#7 ·
Please expand on this

#6 ·
Ya I had full coverage so everything was fixed. I made them do all ford parts too. And I do have a disable on the truck now. And mean less to say I no longer live in that area.

Reactions: Heavy_GD
#8 ·
You pretty much wire a in line switch to kill power to the ficm. Make sure the switch is not obvious but this way you can turn power off and the truck will never start until you flip the switch. You can use other methods than a switch. Just some way to kill the power until you want it turned on.

#9 ·
Will the motor still turn over?

#11 ·
can u PM me directions

#12 ·
Yeah, the engine still will turn over (makes lots of noise, thieves hate noise), the fuel pump still runs (so it won't starve your injectors), and the truck just won't start.

Doing it for an 03/04 is pretty easy, an 05+ takes a little more work.....just when/if you do it, don't put the directions on open forum and there's less chance that someone will see it and use it against us

#13 ·
I am going out of town for the weekend. If i just pull the PCM and put it in the apartment will the truck still turn over? If it will still turn I'm assuming the fuel pump will not work so i would have to worry about starving the injectors.

#15 ·
Ya I don't think it will even turn over at that point. I haven't looked at exactly how the starting system works in these trucks.

#16 ·
It will turn over, I had to pull the chip off the PCM so figured i would try why it was out and it would turn over.

Reactions: Heavy_GD
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.