Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need a shop to look at my truck.

966 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  sanctified 
#1 ·
So I have a weird sound coming from my engine bay. I posted over in the 6.0 problems area (http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0l-problems-forum/270599-tell-me-what-sound.html) but haven't made any headway as to what is causing the sound. If I don't get it figured out over this weekend I'd like to take it somewhere for a diagnostic. I have heard great things about Gillette Diesel but am not sure what I would need to do. Are they a make an appointment kind of place or could I just drop in? Any idea what I would be looking at for just a diagnostic on it price wise? What has been your experience with them?

Thanks.

#2 ·
I took it to Gillette this afternoon and they were able to figure it out real quick. I feel pretty stupid for not looking there on my own but whatever. It was the 4" MBRP rubbing on two bolts as well as the down pipe rubbing on the cab. They took care of me and didn't charge me anything. I was happy about that and ended up buying an EGT probe for my truck. I was going to wait on that purchase but because of them taking care of me I figured that I would go ahead and buy it today.

That leads me to another thing. I already have an EGT probe installed but it is the older style. I read somewhere that it will work on the PHP tuners. It has four prongs. If any of you guys have been looking for one let me know. I should be pulling it off tomorrow morning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.