Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cat and muffler question

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  cweiss87 
#1 ·
So i know that utah requires a muffler if you live in davis county. But what about a cat?

And did my 99 come stock with a cat?

Anyone gut it and still able to pass emisions?

#2 ·
Yep have to have a cat too. I tried to sneak it by without a cat one time and instant fail. I'm sure it would pass with a gutted cat. I have an EGR delete and it passes.

#9 ·
They pass yours with the egr delete? That is good to know since mine was deleted when I bought it.
Op: what kind of muffler delete do you plan to do? I was just thinkin of puttin in some flex pipe.

#3 ·
cause i wanna do a muffler delete and cat delete with a straight pipe and then bolt it back in when it comes time.

but if i gut it and it doesnt pass do they give you a certain amount of time to fix it or just go straight to the state?

#4 ·
They told me to put the cat back on and bring it back in.

#5 ·
well maybe ill just do the muffler and cat delete cause if i gut it then im out a cat just in case lol

I just wanna get better mileage and i was told by a buddy with a 6.0 that he ditched cat and muffler and saw 4-6mpg gain

#7 ·
They only look to see if the cat is there. So a gutted cat is fine. I'm doin a straight pipe on mine soon and will just clamp a muffler delete in and put on the muffler once a year.

#13 ·
I'll have to call and see how much just for the muffler since I already got the cat delete

Sent from my SGH-T759 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.