Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Mechanic in the SLC area??

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  powerstroke586 
#1 ·
This is Paccool from one of the sister sites. I'm not posting this to stir anything up, just looking for some help. We are doing a job in the SLC area and had a company truck breakdown (04 crew cab w/6.0). The alt dumped when in route from Oregon to SLC. The heater quit working as well. Turned out the alt was causing all the issues. Got it fixed in SLC and the dealer called and said to come and get it. The Supt. took a worker over to the dealer and had a guy drive it back to the motel. He only got 2 miles from the dealer when it quit again. Dealer said someone left the oil cap cross threaded and it threw oil out the fill cap. Truck shut off due to low oil pressure. They denied doing it and charged us to check it out and refill with oil. We are fighting with them now as to who did this since they had the truck for two days and was supposed to have checked it out. Anyway, enough of the background.

I was wondering is any of you can recommend a good independent garage in the Salt Lake City area to take it to? Have had some of the typical problems the 6.0's have had, replaced a few injectors, had to install a sleeve in one of the injector bores, etc. The truck has not ran right since it was new, always seemed to be low on power compared to other Ford trucks we have. This truck is our "problem child"! :( We want to get rid of it but the manager wants to try a good independent garage and see what they can do with it.

Thanks
Stan

See less See more
#3 ·
Late post. But anyways for future reference. Gillett Diesel is up in that area wanna say south west of SLC. If my memory serves me right. I used to go there!

#4 ·
Wide Open Performance is in sandy im guessing thats where you took it haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.