Crazy or not? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Truck Modifications A mods section to show off what you've done to the truck, or make write ups about what you've done.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1997PSD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 04:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Crazy or not?

Okay so I have a dilemma... long story short I have the truck for pulling the travel trailer and my daily driver is a Camry and my wife drives a CRV. My dilemma is how do I get both the travel trailer and the ski to the same spot? First thought was replace CRV with a V6 or V8 SUV but its paid for and we don't want a loan on a car. Second thought was hitch on the CRV but than we have to drive 2 cars everywhere and the CRV will struggle with it over the mountains. So here is where I am at... put the ski and trailer "in" the truck.

SKI is 850lbs and with a trailer I assume under 1500lbs pretty easy. Plus the 800lb tongue weight of my travel trailer.

I am comfortable fabricating a safe and functional system my big concern is how the truck will drive and handle it. Thoughts, ideas?

it would look something like this:

Attached Thumbnails
Crazy or not?-truckboat1-1-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
Okay so I have a dilemma... long story short I have the truck for pulling the travel trailer and my daily driver is a Camry and my wife drives a CRV. My dilemma is how do I get both the travel trailer and the ski to the same spot? First thought was replace CRV with a V6 or V8 SUV but its paid for and we don't want a loan on a car. Second thought was hitch on the CRV but than we have to drive 2 cars everywhere and the CRV will struggle with it over the mountains. So here is where I am at... put the ski and trailer "in" the truck.

SKI is 850lbs and with a trailer I assume under 1500lbs pretty easy. Plus the 800lb tongue weight of my travel trailer.

I am comfortable fabricating a safe and functional system my big concern is how the truck will drive and handle it. Thoughts, ideas?

it would look something like this:

Boat Loading on Top of Truck.MP4 - YouTube
I put two 660 pound drums of honey in my pickup and pull a trailer with another 7-8,000 pounds of honey often and have never had any problems.

Another pro USA thought
I would sell the rat wagons and buy a car from an American company that pays taxes in the USa and gives employees full benefits with good wages none of which yoyo does by the Way.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:51 AM

Put a hitch on the trailer and pull both as a unit...
Old 07-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My Dad used to put a 12 foot aluminum boat with a 15horse outboard and the galvanized trailer (which was f***in heavy) in his old CCSB 6.0 and then towed our pop-up camper behind that. I Don't know the exact weight but i know the only way we got it into the back of the truck was to winch it up ramps into the bed I don't think your ski will be a problem.
r33pwrd likes this.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:06 PM

put a hitch on the back of your camper....
Old 07-07-2014, 12:10 PM

cannot double tow in WA or trust me this thread would not exist
Old 07-07-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
Another pro USA thought
I would sell the rat wagons and buy a car from an American company that pays taxes in the USa and gives employees full benefits with good wages none of which yoyo does by the Way.
LOL I find that comment funny but lets keep the thread on topic please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.