Brand new trans but still no reverse - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brand new trans but still no reverse

It's a 2006 Ford F-350. Truck had no reverse so trans was removed and a new one put back in. But still no reverse. Trans was dynoed before shipping back and all was good. The trans was removed and installed by a guy that specializes in transmissions. Anyone have any idea what else it may be?

This is the truck:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Maybe the shift cable is out of adjustment and there for it is not shifting in to reverse!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It shifts into everything fine. Its on jack stands now but when we put it into reverse the tires move but not enough to move the truck when it is on the ground
Old 04-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Let me say that one better... it drives in forward gears fine but not enough power for it to move when it is in reverse. Thank you for the help my dad will greatly appreciate it.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would say that it sounds like the reverse valve is stuck but I find it unlikly that it would happen in two trannies!
Old 04-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRonning1984 View Post
I would say that it sounds like the reverse valve is stuck but I find it unlikly that it would happen in two trannies!
Yeah I highly doubt that would be the case... just wish I could figure out why this is happening
Old 04-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The guy that installed it and "specializes" in transmissions cant figure that out? Unplug the wire harness and try it. If it goes into reverse , then you might have an electrical problem. Also, check your back up lights. They should engage when in reverse. When it is unplugged, you should only have reverse and third. If still no reverse, there is something wrong in the trans.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Drepka
I would guess there IS no reverse! that looks like a freakin kickass drag truck,,push it backwards. Thats a good looking truck!
Old 04-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowstroke View Post
The guy that installed it and "specializes" in transmissions cant figure that out? Unplug the wire harness and try it. If it goes into reverse , then you might have an electrical problem. Also, check your back up lights. They should engage when in reverse. When it is unplugged, you should only have reverse and third. If still no reverse, there is something wrong in the trans.
He ran out of time its getting fixed in our garage he said he is going to bring his computer over next weekend. I'm just trying to help my dad out since the weather is awesome I know he wants to get it back on the road. When the truck is in reverse the back up lights do come on. We thought the trans was messed up in the first place and this is a brand new trans also when is leading me to believe it was not the trans at all why would that happen 2 trannys in a row? What wire harness are you saying to unplug?
Old 04-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drepka View Post
I would guess there IS no reverse! that looks like a freakin kickass drag truck,,push it backwards. Thats a good looking truck!
It had reverse before my dad baught it from Eaton when he was working there... that truck hauled the trailor behind it in the pic... Yeah the truck looks waay meaner in person
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.