transmission - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation transmission

i have a 2000 f-250 4x4 with AT. The overdrive light flashes when i am driving, I don't know what this code is i have a 60 mile drive to work is it okay to drive??? What does this code mean? Anything would help
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to turbotime Send a message via Skype™ to turbotime
Exclamation Alert Alert!!!!!!!

DO NOT DRIVE YOUR TRUCK!!!!!

I had this happen and it was when my tranny overheated!!!! Take out the dipstick and smell it, you will be able to tell just by that. Also, you will want to take your truck in and get a tranny flush...that is where they actually pump out ALL the oil and pump fresh stuff through it, then refill. It will extend the time you have on your tranny by a lot.

Write for more info if you have to get your tranny rebuilt, there are several things that I would reccomend having done when it is rebuilt to stablilize the tranny and extend the life dramatically. Also, what all do you do with your truck? Haul? 4x4? Race? What kind of loads do you put it under?

Good Luck
Old 01-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to overl0rd Send a message via AIM to overl0rd
O/D light flashing usually indicates a sensor or wiring fault.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:13 PM
I LIKE CHROME :)

Send a message via MSN to power95
read the book, it says what that means in there, but i cant remember what it means and i dont feel like going and getting the book
Old 01-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had a buddy of mine check the code and it was trans temp was to high. So i will be going to get the trans flushed. thanks for the help
Old 01-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a 97 F350 and it happened to me, had to have my torqe converter replaced(was on the hiway when it happened).
Old 01-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

This happened to me 200 miles from home. Called dealer and my mechanic. Both said to disconnect batteries (2) for 2 minutes and then reconnect. This reset the computer so I could drive home with overdrive. (410's without overdrive is major RPM's or a long slow drive). By the way this reset lasted 5 days before it did it again. I had my fluid and filter changed at 30K intervals and the truck had 114k miles on it.
The Ford garage tested the computer and got a code of "Trans Slipage Detected". I took it to a trans dealer and he got the same code. He talked me into a remanufactured Jasper that lasted 1 month and it did the same thing. The trans shop checked it and found a faulty modulator valve( that they took out of my truck and installed in the Jasper) I still feel to this day that my trans was OK just a bad modator but how would you prove it?
That transaction set me back $2,500 but since then it is fine I have 148k now and 2 years on the new trans.
PS. The Jasper came with a 3 year 75K warranty-That was better than a factory Ford from the crate and Jasper builds in all the upgrades when they remanufacture it plus the warranty is nationwide. They will tow the truck to their nearest authorized service center.
Good Luck
Old 01-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Banned

a flashing OD light could mean a multitude of things, and the fact that you had a high temp warning for a code makes me leary. only one thing causes high temp, excess friction. sometimes it is due to poor cooling not taking the temp of the fluid down, but 80% of the time it is due to slippin clutches in either the trans or torque converter. if you need to get extra life out of that trans, i would reccomend an extra external cooler and to drive it only in the stock setting if you use a chip. drive it nice and easy, because there is a decent chance your building a tranny problem...and this was just the first sign......Marc
Old 01-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to turbotime Send a message via Skype™ to turbotime
Bump

Give us an update...how is that tranny doing so far?
Old 02-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

update

Had the trannsmission flushed but after about a day the error code was back. Found a magnafine filter and ordered a replacement, the code was intermittent. It seemed to throw the code when the truck was ideling for over 15 mins. But when it under 10 mins idle time the code was not there. But since the magnafine filter i have not seen a code. Been 3 days so far. Maybe there was to much of a restriction in the inline filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.