Like it droped into neutral - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 10:00 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chris p
Like it droped into neutral

I have a 1995 250 4x4 with the 7.3 turbo in it.(auto trans)
Just recently got the truck and have had problems with the trans, I'm fairly sure that the front pump seat is shot because fluid is leaking out of the little hole on the bottom of the torque converter/flex plate cover I pulled the cover off only to find I could see nothing but a torque converter, looks like the is 4 bolts on the front of the trans and they are all red. everything on the truck behind the trans has a thin red film over it. The tranny also seems like it takes a long time to shift, and some times at between 1500 and 2500 rpm the rpms will go up about 500 or 600rpm then back to normal. it also has no balls in reverse. what do you guys think?

-Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to ford_trck
Is there enough fluid in the trans 1st of all. And the leak my guess would be the front seal.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_trck View Post
Is there enough fluid in the trans 1st of all. And the leak my guess would be the front seal.
Yes the tranny is full
Old 09-18-2008, 12:12 PM
KVFD

Send a message via MSN to redstroker_2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris p View Post
Yes the tranny is full
make sure when you check that the truck is running. If atf is all over the underside of the truck you know you have a leak somewhere. If it has low tranny fluid it will do funny things
Old 09-18-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstroker_2002 View Post
make sure when you check that the truck is running. If atf is all over the underside of the truck you know you have a leak somewhere. If it has low tranny fluid it will do funny things
i have been adding tranny fluid to keep it full right now the tranny has kind of a flow though system i put it in and if flows out. any sugestions on what to do replace the seal? if the tranny is shot I would obviously want to do the rebuild/ new seal at the same time. i dont want to just replace the seal then find out i still have to rebuild it.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:31 AM

any ideas guys? it doesn't seem to be slipping as much anymore, the overdrive lite doesn't blink and when it does slip it's only when accelerating, i think the over drive might be engaging and disengaging, because if you try and put it in overdrive sometimes you have to press the button 4 or 5 times, and the same thing getting it out of overdrive. The overdrive button is out of the shifter and just hanging out of the shifter boot, it was like this when i got the truck and looks like the wiring might have been messed with. do you think it would be ok to make a 200 mile trip with it if i took some tranny fluid with me?

Last edited by Chris p; 09-24-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.