P0783 about to pass into Canada. Help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P0783 about to pass into Canada. Help!

Guys I just got the p0783. Blinking od light and no noticeable issues. Trans temp has never been over 190 and when it started it was at 160. Fluid is at right level and cherry. Trans shifts just fine. Should I be freaking out? I'm on my way to Alaska and a far way from anyone I know
Thanks
-Jake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
when i typed it in the search box it said the 3-4 shift solenoid ford that code for the 4r100,

so i am going to assume you have a 7.3?

sounds like it could be a few different things, but basically sounds like you lost overdrive

since you are far away, try clearing the code and checking the connector on the transmission for corrosion, maybe you will get lucky and its just a short.

where are you going in at? if Seattle you can take the ferry up if you have the money(a little expensive, but might be a option if your on a tight deadline to get up there)
Old 07-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry. Yeah 7.3. The weird thing is, I have overdrive. I haven't been using it for fear of damaging something. Any idea which solenoid it is? I'm going up through n Dakota and catching the alcan
Old 07-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
my bet its on the way out then/a short, basically at somepoint the ecm told the computer to shift to OD and the trans didn't, so it threw the code,

you aren't towing are you? heard that could throw the light if the tranny is getting a little old and slipping

if OD is working and not slipping i would just take it easy and head on up, looking online it looks like you have to drop the valve body to fix it, and thats assuming there is nothing else wrong internally with the trans..

but it on your discretion, haha just basing what i found online/ trying to help you out, the final decision is on you.

i know ND is going to be expensive to have a shop fix it, so if you can, try to take it over to billings, MT if you want to repair it before hand(used to work in north dakota)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.