07 F250 Freshly Rebulit Problems(ALREADY) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
07 F250 Freshly Rebulit Problems(ALREADY)

So recently I had my truck at a local dealership(they are people I know very well) getting my stock tranny rebuilt under the factory warranty(for the 3rd time). They told me that I'm throwing way to much HP at the stock 5r110w, that's why it keeps eating clutches/torque convertors. So they told me that if I was to come up with a performance rebuild kit that they would put it in, in the place of the stock parts for no money out of my pocket. So of coarse I did it. The only downfall was no more warranty. I choose to go with PATC's Stage 3 Kit. I babied it for about the first 700 miles to break it in like they told me. It has probably 2500 miles since rebuild now.

While shifting from 3-5 I noticed it wants to slip sometimes(more so at moderate-WOT) and it doesn't do it all the time. Also when you go from P to D, there is a loud thud noise now(it has started doing that since the rebuild) but, it doesn't do it in R. But today I decided I wanted to try a different tune(all from matt@gearhead) and the freaking truck just starting bucking/slamming in and out of gears(I never even made it a 1/2 a mile under 40 mph) I pulled over and put it back on my normal tune(srl-reduced fuel). It shifted 1-2 no problems but 3-5 it started slipping/bucking/revving then slamming into 5th. NOW it WILL NOT shift past 3rd(40mph over revving). So I put it back down to stock tune. It shifts perfect 1-2-3 but 3-5 it fells like it slips/slams into 5th. After its in 5th there's no problems.

Do I need one of those GoGo solenoids or am I screwed again. Any help would but greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry forgot to give you guys my truck specs
07 F250 Outlaw Ed. CCSB 4X4
-8" lift w/ 35/12.50/20 MT ATZ's
-6.0 psd everything has been deleted(cat, muffler, egr cooler & valve), 175/75 casselrys, pmax, billet mishimoto radiator, banks cac w/ big pipes, 6.4 banjos, strictly diesel reg. return, air dog, sinister coolant filter sys, zoodad mod, afe stage 2 cai, 5" straight exhaust, amsoil 15w40 full syn.
-sct lw ts 5015 w/ tunes from matt @ gearhead

Last edited by FORDHARLEYFAN; 07-07-2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.