5r110 trans install problems help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry 5r110 trans install problems help

i have put in and taken out 10+ trans and never had a real issue but this has be stumped.

when i get the trans mated to the engine i am unable to rotate the flywheel to put the nuts on the TC. tonight it the THIRD time i have put in and taken out the trans on my truck. and am still unable to turn the flywheel i have as far as to put the starter back in and do it that way but not even that worked. i am lost

I was told that the TC was not fully seated so i did everything i could to make sure that it was is there anything else i should make sure i do before i try this a fourth time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

O forgot to mention that im working on a 2006 6.0 and the trans came off the same year truck that was 4x4 and going on my 2x4. If that make a difference.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

No it doesn't make a difference for 4x4 and 2x4 other then a couple mounting things and a transfer case. The best way to do it is either be a body builder and turn it about 1 degree through the starter hole ORRRR... NOW THIS IS VERY TRICKY....

The thing experienced people do are bolt the transmission to the block and dont tighten the bolts all the way, now slide the transmission back just a little while making sure the TC is still inside the pump (If it isn't, it will literally destroy the pump from the inside out), once you have it ever so slightly out a little bit, you will have enough room to force the flywheel to turn over. The next step is CRUCIAL, you can NOT tighten the TC bolts all the way while the transmission is slid back as this will pull the TC out of the pump and destroy it as stated above. You need to do it in small increments.

I hope this helped you and if you need anything else, private message me and I can call you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.