4r100 install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4r100 install

Picked up my rebuilt tranny today, new torque converter, deep pan, and 24 qts of tranny oil.

Anyone have any good write ups or vids on tranny install. I have done this before but it has been many years and I would like to sharpen my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

not to derail your original question but i am trying to install a a 5r110 as well have gotten in mated to the engine twice now and both times i am unable to turn the flywheel to put the nuts on the TC. From what i have i heard and seen on the forums it to make sure the TC is fully seated to the trans how can i know that and how many "clicks" should you hear when sliding it on the input shaft.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:26 AM

I asked the same question to someone else Dieselman I think, he said if the tc is seated all the way when the trans bell housing and engine mate up the tc studs should be in the holes and when you tighten the nuts they should pull the tc about a 1/4 inch back to the flywheel. Thats on the 4r100. It is not easy to turn the flywheel to get the bolts to the bottom you are turning the engine.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yeah the TC is getting pulled forward like it should and i only know this bc ( i got smarts and lined the first hole up on the bottom)

i am trying but it feel like it is locked up last night we took the fan off to try to get more leverage but even with a 3 foot pry bar on he front of the crank still nothing.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

so all i can say is make sure you fully seat the torque converter before you mate the trans and engine and i will forever put tighten the TC nuts before i tighten the trans bolts. My TC was not seated right and now i have a trans was the pump that is destroyed
Old 03-08-2013, 04:59 PM

Well update....trans in and all is well. Couple issues surrfaced i guess from sitting for 6 months, tires act like they have flat spots in them but I think that will work its way out. There is a strange clicking sound coming from the front drivers tire....i think its the locking hub...service that in the am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.