01 7.3 4r100 issue - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
01 7.3 4r100 issue

I just recently had to replace my cooler lines. I refilled tranny with mercon V fluid then didnt use truck for almost a month, and now l get really hard shifts between 1-2 and 2-3. It was fine before leaving the truck now its bang bang bang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I see that you have a TS chip, now do you have custom tunes on it or just whatever you got installed with from where you bought it from??

Reason i ask is, TS chips with canned tunes raise your tranny pressures to make them shift firmly and it will be like that til you get some custom tunes installed on that chip. I had the same issue with my TS chip.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well it was performing fine before I had to replace the cooler lines, that is why I ask. Its bizarre, I never tow and only really use it for home depot runs or when I have to go get something oversized. And it has the programmed TS maps from them. But I get the same result in the stock mode as well. When I replaced the lines it was a warm 70-75 degree day, I didnt run it without any fluid and can't for the life of me figure this out, no one else describes the same thing in any other thread.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Hillbilly Deluxe

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfyrman View Post
Well it was performing fine before I had to replace the cooler lines, that is why I ask. Its bizarre, I never tow and only really use it for home depot runs or when I have to go get something oversized. And it has the programmed TS maps from them. But I get the same result in the stock mode as well. When I replaced the lines it was a warm 70-75 degree day, I didnt run it without any fluid and can't for the life of me figure this out, no one else describes the same thing in any other thread.
Take it to a shop and have the trans, lines, and cooler completely flushed. Sounds to me like your accumulator is sticking or you have a line pressure issue.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 while my wife is yelling at me for being on my phone...
Old 11-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Isnt this something I could do myself? I just find it completely odd that this occurs after I drained and refilled it. I drove it yesterday and it seemed smoother, but not like it was before. I read someone saying something about allowing the clutches to acclimate to the new fluid, but that sounded like BS to me.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:58 AM

Was the truck dead when you went to start it? Just thinking that it might be going through a "relearn" period. It might do this as well if it sat for awhile. If it isnt slipping and doesnt feel like it will break anything, I say drive it a few days easily and see what happens.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No it wasn't dead. Brand new batteries and I have it on a solar charger. Do these trsnnys.learn? I never abuse.it cause its expensive for ford parts!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:29 AM

The trans doesnt learn but the PCM that controls the trans does. I wasnt suggesting abusing or that you abuse it. Just telling you to drive it and see if it smooths out unless it is slipping or seems harsh enough to break parts.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No not experiencing slipping or anything violent. Happy thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Hillbilly Deluxe

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You wont be able to do a total flush in your driveway... One thing you could check is to make sure you have to correct filter, and that it is pushed up into the VB far enough.

The only way it would be going through a relearn is if you had the batts diconnect long enough to reset the PCM.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 while my wife is yelling at me for being on my phone...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.