LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nccatfan
Slave cylinder fail!

So I was on my way to work today, then with about a mile to go, as I shift into 3rd my clutch pedal drops to the floor! After a quick bit of panicing, I end up floating the gears the rest of the way into work. After a few minutes of diagnosing, I found the line loose at the back of the slave cylinder. I had replaced this entire assembly (the pre-bled kit from Ford) back in Feb. And that was after I had replaced my clutch with a new OE grade Valair clutch.

My question is; these stock hydraulic components are supposed to be able to handle aftermarket clutches, right? Did I just get a defective part? It only lasted 4 months!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-'99 F250 7.3L PSD 4x4 (SCLB, 6-speed)
-'14 F150 4x4 5.0 CCSB
-'83 Ranger 4X4 5.0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 10:40 PM
spool up that turbo!!

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccatfan View Post
So I was on my way to work today, then with about a mile to go, as I shift into 3rd my clutch pedal drops to the floor! After a quick bit of panicing, I end up floating the gears the rest of the way into work. After a few minutes of diagnosing, I found the line loose at the back of the slave cylinder. I had replaced this entire assembly (the pre-bled kit from Ford) back in Feb. And that was after I had replaced my clutch with a new OE grade Valair clutch.

My question is; these stock hydraulic components are supposed to be able to handle aftermarket clutches, right? Did I just get a defective part? It only lasted 4 months!
The pre bled kits are hit and miss I've had the tabs of the slave cylinder actually snap and fell out of the bellhousing and have ha the line leak the local shop replaced mine for free

01 f250 4dr LB 6spd
s&b, cfm+
4in straight pipe
DP tuner
boost pyro and engine oil temp
AIH delete, hpx, frx
05 harleys 8000k's
billet grille and painted shell
17"welds and 35-12.5's toyo mt's
cab lights
southbend con ofe waiting to go in
fresh 7.3 from reviva

SOLD
1995 f150 302 5spd 35's sad sad day

post #3 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to nccatfan
Is there an upgrade for this? If the next one fails I'd like to go to something more reliable.

-'99 F250 7.3L PSD 4x4 (SCLB, 6-speed)
-'14 F150 4x4 5.0 CCSB
-'83 Ranger 4X4 5.0

post #4 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 11:14 PM

I just replaced master and slave cylinder on mine. I would think a stock slave would be fine. Correct me if I'm wrong someone . The pre bled kit from Ford is a rip off. I took the whole system off and put the new parts on the stock line and had it bled and back on in 30,minutes with no problems. Also the factory slave is plastic , well least on mine it was and I replaced it with a metal heavy duty slave. Maybe try that

2004 f350 6.0, 6spd, studs, 175/stock warrens, deleted, blue spring, 6.4 banjos, strait 4 in exhaust, zoo dad mod, 35s, 3.5 in lift,

post #5 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 11:18 PM

forgot to mention also replaced master with heavy duty metal. I think I got these at advance auto

2004 f350 6.0, 6spd, studs, 175/stock warrens, deleted, blue spring, 6.4 banjos, strait 4 in exhaust, zoo dad mod, 35s, 3.5 in lift,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode