Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Royal Purple

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Kuhns07 
#1 ·
Long story short I have 8 qts. of Royal Purple Max ATF in my 2005 torqshift tranny. I called Royal Purple and there tech support said it is and will be fine to mix with Mercon SP. He also told me that there are many of people running it in there rigs. The reason I was concerned I that the bottle and there web site states Not recommended as a warranty replacement oil. He told me it is compatible but Ford will not reconize it as a replacement oil. I just want a few more opinions on this subject and if Im going to be alright.

#3 ·
Here is an easy answer. Is you truck under warranty? If so put Mercon SP back in asap. If it is not under warranty you could run it. In a 5R110 I would use Motorcraft SP.

#6 ·
what wrong with Mercon SP?????

#8 ·
you talking to me? i dont sell anything. leave the oil alone. if your trans is getting that hot fix the problem dont band aid it.

#9 ·
I am no expert and i do not claim to be so take what i am saying with a grain of salt and use however you see fit. In all my research I have done on these forums and others and independent websites and talking with diesel technicians and so on and so forth i have come this very simple conclusion. All lubricants are the same excluding the difference between synthetic and conventional. The only difference is the additive packages the manufacturer puts in the product, but if you are changing your fluids and the regular intervals for how you drive your truck then these additive packages really become a moot point. Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.