Booked my A class driving test - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Towing, Hauling & Diesel Competition Discussion of Powerstroke Usage EG. Towing & Hauling Habits, Off Roading , Diesel Drags, Sled Pulls, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Once you go black......

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to CanadianDiesel
Talking Booked my A class driving test

Well in mid May I'll be doing my driving test to obtain my A class license. Not sure what it is in the US but with a regular driver's license in Ontario (G), you can drive a vehicle and tow a certain load, as long as the Gross weight of both does not exceed 11 000 KGs. Now there is also a restriction on the towed vehicle. Weight cannot exceed 4600 KGs. With my A class I can tow unlimited loads, as long as the vehicle is licensed for it. Also, I can drive a Vehicle with a GVWR exceeding 11 000 KGs.

I know it's a lot of numbers, but long story short I won't get in sh!t for exceeding 4600KGs like I did last year 400$ fine...

Plus right before winter I did the driving test, but failed (d!ck of an evaluator). This time I changed test locations, I'll be better prepared and I'm confident that I'll pass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Good luck man! Drive safely.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:47 AM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

Sweet man! How did you get busted last year for being overweight?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Once you go black......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose350 View Post
Good luck man! Drive safely.
Thanks bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldan2005 View Post
Sweet man! How did you get busted last year for being overweight?
The province cracked down on commercial vehicles last summer. I was on my way back from a job later in the day when I saw a cop way up the road just pull over and wait. When I approached he got out and flagged me down and they did an inspection, with portable scales and all. Everything was perfect on the truck and trailer but the Kubota excavator I was pulling weighed around 8000 lbs, plus trailer weight...it was really close.
The one thing that screwed me over, that was really my boss' fault (and he got 2 fines for it) is that the truck was licensed for around 13000KGs...so legally I couldn't even drive it
Since then it's been changed to 11000KGs until I get my A and can drive it.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:50 PM

So they messed with you even though you don't have any company logos on your truck or anything. I suppose though, its canada. Here in MN legally they can't mess with you unless you have a DOT number and a name on your truck, even if you are towing a piece of machinery.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Once you go black......

Quote:
So they messed with you even though you don't have any company logos on your truck or anything. I suppose though, its canada. Here in MN legally they can't mess with you unless you have a DOT number and a name on your truck, even if you are towing a piece of machinery.
I forgot to mention, I was driving the company truck. International 4300 DT466. Awesome truck by the way lol.
And they don't care who they can and can't mess with. Simply put, they're bastards. They want to make it the law to tow a fifth wheel with a dually ONLY
They're after money, that's all it is. What bugs me is the people driving around with rent-a-trailers that have NO brakes, NO lights, nothin. They still load them right up with gravel or whatever. They never get told. It's usually the really nice rigs, that are well equipped with proper tie downs and everything that get the kick in the nuts..
Old 04-26-2009, 02:12 PM

Oh ok, i thought it was behind your truck. Isn't that the truth about how they pick on people. Now i know that commercial vehicle enforcement officers have a job to do just like the rest of us, but they can get a little too anal sometimes. This whole world is nothing but a money grab nowadays. Money seems like it can get you out of anything, especially if you are a dirty politician.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Once you go black......

Quote:
Oh ok, i thought it was behind your truck. Isn't that the truth about how they pick on people. Now i know that commercial vehicle enforcement officers have a job to do just like the rest of us, but they can get a little too anal sometimes. This whole world is nothing but a money grab nowadays. Money seems like it can get you out of anything, especially if you are a dirty politician.
No doubt! I always tell people people that if you get pulled over by MTO (Ministry of Transport), even if everything seems good, they will find the smallest thing to use against you. For example in my paper work once I forgot the "jurisdiction" part. I was so thankful the officer gave me a warning I feel like being straight up with those guys but that just gets you into more trouble.

Anyways I'll be happy once I get the A...won't have to worry about maximums too much anymore, and I can get my boss to raise the GVWR on the International
Old 04-26-2009, 03:52 PM

Sweet, well congrats on that! Nothing like driving big rigs!
Old 05-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Remind me not to visit you with a trailer behind me. I'm betting they would have loved my last out of town run. 03 F150 Lightning rated for 5,000lbs. I had the upper half of my roll around tool chest in the bed 2 spares for the trailer, floor jack and stands, loading ramps, and luggage. The trailer isn't equipped with brakes either. I went to St. Petersburg Florida and loaded up a 5.0 mustang and haued it back. I'm guessing the trailer was around 6000lbs + the bed full of tools and supplies + me and the wife. Truck pulled it like a superduty, just didn't stop as well. I even beat a few cars off at the red lights loaded. I just made sure to keep a little extra distance between me in the guy in front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.