Firestone airbag compressor options - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Towing, Hauling & Diesel Competition Discussion of Powerstroke Usage EG. Towing & Hauling Habits, Off Roading , Diesel Drags, Sled Pulls, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Firestone airbag compressor options

I installed the firestone airbags on my 11 250, but have a big trip planned with the 5th wheel would rather have the compressor option that does the auto level. I looked at firestone and they way too many options. Can anyone suggest one? I really want the self leveling option, don't care much after that. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2013, 06:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

above is the first kit that I purchased. The plastic box is the compressor. It worked well for what it was but it did not flow much air to fill the bags quickly. Nor did it flow enough air to allow me to fill tires, run air tools, etc..

I eventually tossed out the plastic one and integrated a Viair 450c. Havent looked back since. The 450c runs great.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:42 AM

My old '71 Chevy was on bags and it had firestone towing bags in the back. The firestone kit is okay, but Viair & SMC is the way to go for building a setup that will last a long time. Personally, look at a Viair slim 5 gallon tank and you'll need two SMC valves per bag (total of four). My recommendation is run separate lines from the tank to each bag, through an auto-level manifold. This is what connects to the controller that is wired to your valves and compressor. The controller is the brains and sends the signal to the manifold to change the height.

I built my system for about half of what a kit costs. There are various companies who sell auto-leveling kits, but you will pay for the name. You can build something tailored to your specific setup for a lot less. Let me know if you have any questions on that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.