CAT Scale Results - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Towing, Hauling & Diesel Competition Discussion of Powerstroke Usage EG. Towing & Hauling Habits, Off Roading , Diesel Drags, Sled Pulls, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CAT Scale Results

Can someone tell me if these numbers are good or bad???

Steer Axle= 3,780 lbs
Drive Axle= 3,540 lbs
Trailer Axle= 7,320 lbs

Gross Wieght= 14,640 lbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Are those weights with trailer attached to truck or disconnected? Your drive axle seems a little light. My truck's drive axle empty is about #3300. You should have a tongue weight between #730-1100 (10-15% of total trailer weight) based on your stated trailer's axle weight.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07fsc3200 View Post
Are those weights with trailer attached to truck or disconnected? Your drive axle seems a little light. My truck's drive axle empty is about #3300. You should have a tongue weight between #730-1100 (10-15% of total trailer weight) based on your stated trailer's axle weight.
That is truck/camper hooked up, these are the weights just the truck,

Steer axle=3780 lbs
Drive axle=2780 lbs

Gross wght= 6560 lbs

So if I'm doing the math right I have 760Lbs of tongue weight, plus I moved the spare tire from the rear bumper too the underneath front storage area too add some weight. The camper tows easier is what I was looking for also trying too correct a bad sway issue.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Premium Member

The steer axle is the same with the trailer and without?
Must be a perfectly adjusted Weight Distribution Hitch or something is up mathematically.

But to your basic concern, swaying trailers are usually(often) tail heavy / tongue light.
Max your rear tires cold inflation too.

Sway control?

Try moving items towards the front of the trailer. Where is\are LPG tanks. Front-carry them full when you can, rear-as empty as possible.
Where is water tank? Front- full when you can, rear-as empty as possible. etc...Same with holding tanks, tools, toys, junk, crap, fishing stuff, hunting stuff..etc..

Last edited by RatherBNtheWoods; 06-03-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherBNtheWoods View Post
The steer axle is the same with the trailer and without?
Must be a perfectly adjusted Weight Distribution Hitch or something is up mathematically.

But to your basic concern, swaying trailers are usually(often) tail heavy / tongue light.
Max your rear tires cold inflation too.

Sway control?

Try moving items towards the front of the trailer. Where is\are LPG tanks. Front-carry them full when you can, rear-as empty as possible.
Where is water tank? Front- full when you can, rear-as empty as possible. etc...Same with holding tanks, tools, toys, junk, crap, fishing stuff, hunting stuff..etc..
Unless the scale is wrong, the front steer is the same + or - 20lbs because someone told me the scales are accurate up too a 20lb difference. So after hours of reading on how too set up a WD hitch I'm right where I should be on adjusting the hitch. Trailer was loaded with all the drinks,water,coolers all in the front, plus I moved my spare tire from the rear bumper to under the front storage compartment. Tires where 65lbs cold, learned that along time ago about poor tire pressure's, LP tanks (2) 30lbr's mounted on the front "A" frame, fresh water is up front but this trip left it empty too see how see handled, and I use a friction bar for sway control, which is I think the sway problems, it's just not enough for a almost 30ft camper. And the trailer is riding nose down slightly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.