Respect - GBE or TS? Colin Banks vs. Dennis Perry - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Towing, Hauling & Diesel Competition Discussion of Powerstroke Usage EG. Towing & Hauling Habits, Off Roading , Diesel Drags, Sled Pulls, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Who do you respect more in High Performance Diesel Products/Performance?
Dennis Perry and TS performance 17 62.96%
Colin Banks and Gale Banks Engineering 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Respect - GBE or TS? Colin Banks vs. Dennis Perry

Read the post before you vote:

It is well documented that Gale Banks Engineering is not a very well liked company buy most diesel enthusiasts, and reasons why are obvious. These are two PM's that were sent by Colin Banks, Gale's son to Dennis Perry, owner of TS Performance. I'm just curious, who do you all respect more at this point?

A Post by Dennis Perry containing a PM from Colin Banks:
Quote:
So which other vendors got a pm from "'The Colin Banks"? I thought I'd share mine

Title of PM
****ing Moron

Dennis,

Do you have a brain in your head? You just don't ****ing get it man. Your lack of ability is the reason your product doesn't have deep market penetration. We've tested your stuff and it's ****ing garbage. You should worry about your own company and maybe you could grow it some. What records do you have? It's funny when I talk to the people from Edge, Superchips, Hypertech etc...they laugh at your product and call it what it is crap. Your stuff runs and looks busch league and the whole market knows it. But because you like to talk **** on us we're going to test your products and publish the results. I hope your **** works.

In the meantime, keep dreaming of gaining some market share. Because until this point it's only been a dream.

Colin Banks
Another post with a second PM posted by Dennis:
Quote:
They just keep getting better....... 2nd PM Now this is marketing genius!

Title of PM from Colin:
Good Work Genius

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dennis,

You come onto Banks related threads and make posts when it has absolutely nothing to do with TS Performance. You refer to my dad as “my daddy” which you damn well know is derogatory. We never come onto posts on this forum regarding TS Performance and make statements like you do. Now you get irritated because you get a private message response. Be a man, if you consider yourself our competitor come beat us on the track. Enough already with your derogatory b.s. that you add to Banks related posts.

Good idea selling to Bass Pro Shops. I'll sign them up next week.

Colin Banks
Now Banks has done something pretty darn neat with the Type-D, it recently ran 7.96. They are really talking it up, but at the same time it still doesn't give them permission to continue blasting away at competitors. I think these messages to Dennis Perry are way out of line by Colin Banks, and I feel sorry for Colin and GBE that they just don't get it.....What do ya'll think?

Also, you may want to look through threads on other Diesel forums and see what Colin has posted and what Dennis has posted to gather more information before voting in the poll, but I'm pretty sure most of us already have our opinions made up at this point in time.

Last edited by 99Smokin73Stroker; 12-23-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

I would like to see the other side of the story! In other words what led up to these pm's? What kind of pm's or post's did Dennis Perry type? Interesting stuff but there always is two sides to everything!
Old 12-23-2007, 01:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Yes, there are two sides to each story, but Dennis Perry has not personally attacked any of his competitors in the manner that Colin has. I mean get on CompD and look for it yourself! Read all of Dennis Perry's posts, or read through Banks threads that Dennis has posted in. Read threads that Colin has opened. It is interesting to note that Colin cries like a little baby when Dennis posts in threads that Colin opens. What Colin doesn't understand is that these forums are public forums and anyone can post in them with their opinion on the matter.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Smokin73Stroker View Post
I mean get on CompD and look for it yourself!
Thanks but no thanks I'm pretty sure life will go on, and this will give them both some publicity of everyone talking it up on the forums, and Im pretty sure they both will survive to sell more diesel products. Personally I wouldn't buy from either one of them since you said TS has moved on to bigger and better things in other posts on here about programming the 7.3 so that leaves them out for me, and I won't buy banks stuff because they are too pricey for the products they sell. So I guess in a nutshell I don't have a bone in this dogfight
Old 12-23-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalidle View Post
I would like to see the other side of the story! In other words what led up to these pm's? What kind of pm's or post's did Dennis Perry type? Interesting stuff but there always is two sides to everything!

You come onto Banks related threads and make posts when it has absolutely nothing to do with TS Performance. You refer to my dad as “my daddy” which you damn well know is derogatory. We never come onto posts on this forum regarding TS Performance and make statements like you do. Now you get irritated because you get a private message response. Be a man, if you consider yourself our competitor come beat us on the track. Enough already with your derogatory b.s. that you add to Banks related posts.

I didn't see the "my daddy" post but if it's true I'd be mad too. I'll keep my opinion to myself on this one. I don't buy Banks or TS.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:06 PM

Apparently neither of you do much reading on CompD, or any other Diesel forum where Banks employees have littered boards with propaganda....

BEFORE any of the PM's from Colin to Dennis, banks fired the first shots long ago at many vendors including TS Performance, which caused the ill feelings from Dennis Towards Banks to begin with. After that, Dennis has every right to defend his company. And again......ahem...PUBLIC FORUM! ANYONE can post in ANY thread! So there you go.......now hopefully instead of you two (and future posters) can stop trying to question Dennis Perry's guilt, of which there is little to none.......come on, ya'll should already know that Banks has a long history of bashing their competitors, making claims that don't add up or sit well with some people, etc....etc...
Old 12-23-2007, 08:09 PM

And technically, Gale is Colin's daddy

Last edited by 99Smokin73Stroker; 12-23-2007 at 08:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-24-2007, 03:08 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Well you want our opinion and when I give it you don't like it!!!hmmmm. You post up an opinion poll with one side of the story and want my vote, but you tell me I have to go to other forums to find the information to vote in your opinion poll? I gave you my opinion and I question everything on here thats my job
Old 12-24-2007, 04:29 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Personally, I think Dennis is a stand up guy, but the bashing on all sides has to stop.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:37 AM

Question who cares? Ts performance should be able to stick up for himself or let his product do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.