Hauling 2 4 wheelers in a long bed? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Towing, Hauling & Diesel Competition Discussion of Powerstroke Usage EG. Towing & Hauling Habits, Off Roading , Diesel Drags, Sled Pulls, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hauling 2 4 wheelers in a long bed?

Anybody seen this done with a homemade extension or rack of some sort? I'm not talking about the Monster Hauler or Diamond Back Racks, those cost as much as my truck. I'll be hauling a 700 Grizzly on 28s and stock Sportsman 500.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 06:01 AM

I made my own drive on / drive off ATV rack. Actually at one time it was built to carry two up on top one over the cab and one over the bed with a third in the bed. I carry two sport ATV's I made it to fit rather snug but it could be made longer if need be. The way I have it constructed I could make an extension for the back. For the bed I used a set of bi fold ramps with section in the middle I made out of steel and rebar to get the extra length. The ramps are 8ft with the old 3ft sections left over from the over head rack to make them roughly 11ft. I made it to fit just over the bed I didn't want it sticking out into my mirrors, maybe 6 inches wider would have been better but it works for me. The frame stays in the truck year around I take the rest of it out as needed to use the truck it only takes a few minutes. With the extra weight over the bed I have a set of Firestone air bags, on board air compressor with an in cab regulator to regulate pressure as needed.

Maybe not the best pic of the ramps the extensions are folded up under neath. I can unload with them like this.

Last edited by F350R; 09-27-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350R View Post
I made my own drive on / drive off ATV rack. Actually at one time it was built to carry two up on top one over the cab and one over the bed with a third in the bed. I carry two sport ATV's I made it to fit rather snug but it could be made longer if need be. The way I have it constructed I could make an extension for the back. For the bed I used a set of bi fold ramps with section in the middle I made out of steel and rebar to get the extra length. The ramps are 8ft with the old 3ft sections left over from the over head rack to make them roughly 11ft. I made it to fit just over the bed I didn't want it sticking out into my mirrors, maybe 6 inches wider would have been better but it works for me. The frame stays in the truck year around I take the rest of it out as needed to use the truck it only takes a few minutes. With the extra weight over the bed I have a set of Firestone air bags, on board air compressor with an in cab regulator to regulate pressure as needed.

Maybe not the best pic of the ramps the extensions are folded up under neath. I can unload with them like this.

Good looking set up! You running 19.5s on the dually?
Old 10-29-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaysKSFirefighter View Post
Good looking set up! You running 19.5s on the dually?
Yes they are Hankook 245x70x19.5 on American Force wheels with Dyna Beads for balancing. The clear coat on the wheels is junk it will probably pop off the first year like mine did. I used some paint remover to remove the rest then polished them from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.