Tow mirrors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Towing, Hauling & Diesel Competition Discussion of Powerstroke Usage EG. Towing & Hauling Habits, Off Roading , Diesel Drags, Sled Pulls, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 09:32 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tow mirrors

I think this is a good place to post this? I just put tow mirrors on my '00 Ex, and it works a lot better than those strap-ons I had been using. Problem is, the big mirror on the passenger side is not convex, and I don't feel it serves any purpose. You can't see anything with it, as the narrow field of vision is provides is never pointed at what you want. The little convex mirror below it is great, but very small. Was wondering if there is an aftermarket company that makes a replacement lens (read convex) for the big, upper mirror, so I could see more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I got no problems with the upper mirrors on my 06. The fish-eyes on the bottoms are a little small. Look up C-Betr mirrors. They make a 3.5" round mirror that attaches to the arms on our mirrors. I put a set on mine and they work great! Nobody's gonna sneak up in your blind spot with those on, cause you don't have a blind-spot. Like $40 I think.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I never look in the big mirrors so it doesnt bother me.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:07 PM

Problem is, I always look in the big mirrors, as I'm used to having the non-tow mirrors. Some day I'm gonna change lanes and push someone off the cliff! I'm trying to get in the habit of looking in the small one, but it's so stinkin' small! I've pretty much found out I'm gonna have to attach a fisheye, sounds like.

Why have such a huge mirror if it's worthless, though?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.