Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Max gross towing in 2006 F250 CCSB?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  renoyote 
#1 ·
I have a mostly stock F250 with a 190a alternator, EGR delete, and Edge CTS 2. I'm moving cross country and planning to tow a 10k lb enclosed car hauler (5k torsion axles w/ brakes) and maxing out the gross weight allowed on the truck after tongue weight. I'm planning on a tune in the near future but otherwise I don't have any other plans for the truck. I'll have the EGT probe and turbo timer hooked up prior to the trip.

Anything I should consider prior to the trip? Any mods to the rear suspension? Tow will be from North TX to Eastern NC on I-20 and I-95 so nothing terribly hilly.

#2 ·
Make sure your trailer brakes work. Be certain your ball mount and ball are rated for the weight (I've seen 2 5/16" balls with as little as a 6,000 lb. rating). Are your tires in good shape and 10-ply rated? If so, I'd run them all at max cold psi. Make sure the load in the trailer is as balanced/distributed as possible.

#4 ·
airbags are always an good plan IMO but there are many solutions to sag
Timbrens
overload springs
torklift makes some devices that engage the lower overload sooner and also a set that does the same for rhe upper overloads if equipped

your towing without a tunes so EGT's should be a non issue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.