Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Suggestions for enclosed car hauler?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  SOLOLUCKY 
#1 ·
With as many times as we move I would like to just drive the F250 and tow our other vehicle in an enclosed trailer with us instead of my wife and I each driving cross country. I'd definitely prefer enclosed since we plan to put more than just our Jeep in the trailer for just a layer of security.

Towing a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee which is about 16' long. Probably looking at an 18 or 20. I don't need much bigger. Trying to stay on a budget but not looking to be unsafe or buy a turd. Searching around on Craigslist I keep finding deals for around $6000 but every time I look up the brand it seems like they have a terrible reputation. What brands/sizes would y'all recommend?

Tow setup I plan to have is our CCSB with a bed shell / camper on the back with the dogs in there. Cab will be just the wife, kid in the back seat, and myself as well as some odds and ends. Most of the cargo will be in the trailer with the Jeep.

#2 ·
I have an Aluma enclosed cargo trailer. Its all aluminum textured floor, curved roof to wall joints (less chance of leaking) and real rectangular studs in the walls, not pressed Z studs were the determining factors for me. I purchased mine from a marine dealer and got 10% off. I also opted to drive (Iowa) 5 hours one way and saved the $400 delivery fee.

#3 ·
I have a Haulmark 8.5x 24 ft Go with the extra width for entry of the vehicle, and I suggest a 22-28 foot to move the vehicle and adjust the tounge weight on the truck as needed. A new one is around 8ish, but I think they are a superior trailer to many of the cheaper brands.

#4 ·
I agree on the Haulmark although they were out of my budget when I got my trailer a Qualitec. I haven't had any problems with it and have hauled 9k lb loads for a few thousand miles this year. My 24 x 8.5 cost me a little under $7k in Colorado.

Hooked up to my old truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Tow setup I plan to have is our CCSB with a bed shell / camper on the back with the dogs in there. Cab will be just the wife, kid in the back seat, and myself as well as some odds and ends. Most of the cargo will be in the trailer with the Jeep.
I believe an 18' - 20' trailer will be too small for your needs. I have a 24' ATC (Aluminum Trailer Company) enclosed. With my M3 GTS2 race car in the trailer and with cabinets and other cargo, I have maybe 4' of free space in front of the car. Putting the same car into a 20' trailer there is zero room in front for additional cargo.

Definitely measure your jeep as accurately as possible and then go check out trailers.

#6 ·
I have a Husky brand trailer out of Ga.
about 3 weeks turn around time to build it.
500 to deliver it to Ohio.
Single sheet roof, adhesived side wall panels so no rivets, its nice and was the most reasonably pirced one i could find...even with 500 bucks for shipping i beat all the local places.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.