POWERstroke put to test! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Towing, Hauling & Diesel Competition Discussion of Powerstroke Usage EG. Towing & Hauling Habits, Off Roading , Diesel Drags, Sled Pulls, ect...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
POWERstroke put to test!

I am going to share a story that happened last night.
It wasn't safe so don't try it........
I was in the hay field with my boys about an hour from home. A guys was supposed to be there at 6pm to look at a horse. I have never met nor did I know anything about this guy...... Well he didn't show, around dark he called and said he was almost there. I was pulling out of hay field with approx 10,000lb behind the PSD. When I realized this guy I have never met is going to my farm and there is knowone there but my lil lady. Don't know why but a panic set in, I live a mile off the blacktop...... My only two neighbors are on vacation.... I called one of my buddies and he was fishing... He said he would head that way, didn't make me feel better. Little lady is meeting this guy about 10 min from house about now.
So I told the boys to buckle up! I STOOD on the PSD, towing 10k at 80 mph most of the way. Lady called and they were 2 miles from house and I was 20 miles. I hammered it and the truck was like, dang I love this!!!!!
We hit the gravel road for the last mile clicking about 40mph. When I hit that last stretch I was ready to kill this poor guy! I slid truck trailer and hay into the barnyard. The poor guys eyes are HUGE!!!! They had already loaded horse in his lil trailer. And he was like I can't back up can you turn my trailer. Iwas like sure! Feeling much better now knowing lil lady was fine. He counted out the money I turned him around and sent him on his way.
I asked the lil lady if she heard us coming around the ridge? She said it sounded like a pissed off Amtrack with a SCREAMING TURBO!!!!! She said if the poor guy would have been thinking anything hearing you coming scared him to death!
There was no reason for my panic, except this screwed up world! and the poor guy did nothing but come to buy a horse.......
But the PSD will tow as fast as you have the marbles to push her! and mine is bare stock.
I do not recommend towing 10k at 80+ or on a gravel road at 40+. But if you have to the truck will support it!!!!!!!
Sorry so long, just had to tell it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2009, 09:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Old 06-25-2009, 09:14 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
haha thats like me and my buddy hauling his modded up IH 1066....with its wieghts it comes in around 12000.....we did 80-90mph down to a tractor pull....ahah it was worth it i guess....his cummins almost died after that and his TC went out.... he shoulda got a powerstroke....
Old 06-25-2009, 09:17 AM

My son was like, Dad, there is 10k pushing us, I said hell it has to catch us to push us!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:23 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
haha man i want a 6.0....the only ppl that seem to hate them are guys driven 7.3's or cummins and d-max's.....
Old 06-25-2009, 09:26 AM

I've had my problems out of mine, but when she is right, she is right!!!! It is a powerhouse!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.