Potential Newb here! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 07:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Potential Newb here!

well I posted in the ks forum knowing not to but being on my cell I thought I had came to this link before I hit submit.Ill keep it short more info on the ks forum my names Trevor im looking at an 06 f250 w 65k numbers are getting close so I need to hurry anything I should check on the truck before I sign on dotted line?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

wow

man 11 views and no advice?I feel welcome already, wait is this pirate?come on guys I know its a same ole same ole internet newbie question I posted but im goin to look at this truck tonight and may have to buy it or walk away.When I pop the hood is there anything i can check real quick?I just dont know these motors well.I know the rest of the truck just not a diesel guy yet.need a tow rig so the 8" lift front dual coilovers traction bars and tailgate tire carriers comin off that I do know about!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You gotta remember, this forum is huge.. An there is tons of creepers that don't post..

I would. If you have access to, or get the dealer to hook up their computer, take it for a test drive and after the truck is warm, put it on the highway at 55-60, and check the oil temperature. And coolant temps, if more than 15 degrees apart you've got a failing oil cooler... At that point walk away, or get the dealer to drop 5k off the price, for the cost of you having to do that.

Look at your coolant overflow bottle, also known as the degas bottle, look around the cap. If it looks like its been saturated at all, or almost steam cleaned, than your EGr cooler could be failing/failed.. And the same applies as above...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 01-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJ View Post
You gotta remember, this forum is huge.. An there is tons of creepers that don't post..

I would. If you have access to, or get the dealer to hook up their computer, take it for a test drive and after the truck is warm, put it on the highway at 55-60, and check the oil temperature. And coolant temps, if more than 15 degrees apart you've got a failing oil cooler... At that point walk away, or get the dealer to drop 5k off the price, for the cost of you having to do that.

Look at your coolant overflow bottle, also known as the degas bottle, look around the cap. If it looks like its been saturated at all, or almost steam cleaned, than your EGr cooler could be failing/failed.. And the same applies as above...

Definitely do this.

Bought mine almost two months ago. Mine is in the shop getting gaskets, studs and coolers replaced. I checked the oasis and called it a day going off the overall condition of the truck. It was showroom condition. Not so much under the hood....
Old 01-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

see there!

LOL I hear ya I was just messin tryn to break the ice maybe should have thrown a smiley in there.But ya thats huge right there the exact info im looking for.Ill read your reply to them and make it happen or walk.Thanks man good lookin truck by the way these ferds are growing on me.Im not sure id ever come to say im a powerstroke guy 100% but when this is all said and done their may not be any prejudice in any of the big three.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazer15 View Post
LOL I hear ya I was just messin tryn to break the ice maybe should have thrown a smiley in there.But ya thats huge right there the exact info im looking for.Ill read your reply to them and make it happen or walk.Thanks man good lookin truck by the way these ferds are growing on me.Im not sure id ever come to say im a powerstroke guy 100% but when this is all said and done their may not be any prejudice in any of the big three.
If they tell you they can't do that for you, tell them they just lost a customer, and every other person you know aswel won't shop there... If they are real qestionable about why you want to check those, or start telling you that it's not needed and they've already checked it. And it's just a waste of time. Then I would bet they already know about a problem with either the EGr cooler. Or oil cooler.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

made a deal

Well I bought the truck with an agreement I can have their mechanic run a check next week.Their not a diesel lot they had no clue what it was but said their mechanics will know and it was fine the bottle looks good.So I need to unload some stuff I dont need sell or trade if anyones intrested 8 or 10" procomp lift with dual front coilovers etc id take a smaller lift and some cash same with my wheels not sure what brand they are yet 18" and tires 37" Interco M16s have 5 good tread left trade or sell for smaller 35s prob be ideal.Also a custom prerunner type rear bumper tirecarrier combo.Figured id try and unload this stuff local first before I go replacing and posting.
Im thinking maybe a sinister egr delete and a SCT tuner as my first MODs.Im going to be towing jeeps with this.I want reliable and the best mpg I can get.Unless anyone has other advise I should do first????Thanks Guys!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:21 PM

I'd be willing to make a deal with you on the lift and tires. For my 6" and 35's if your interested

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.