Presenting Top Gun Customz Ford F450/F550 Dual Steering Stabilizers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Top Gun Customz Top Gun Customz

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Presenting Top Gun Customz Ford F450/F550 Dual Steering Stabilizers

Top Gun Customz is proud to present our great new Dual Steering Stabilizer design for the Ford F450/F550 Super Duty Truck. We currently offer this kit for the Ford F250/F350 Super Duty Truck which was a huge hit with our customers. Through our research and development we found the perfect fit to accommodate the suspension differences found on the F450/F550.

Dual Steering Stabilizers are great for improving control and handling when used on trucks with oversized tires and also improves tire and ball joint wear. We offer these kits with white powdercoated shocks and Bilstein 5100 Series Steering Cylinders for an excellent quality in ride.

Choose a kit that best fits your vehicle:
08-10 Ford F450 Super Duty Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit
08-10 Ford F450 Super Duty Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit with Bilstein Cylinders
08-10 Ford F550 Super Duty Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit
08-10 Ford F550 Super Duty Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit with Bilstein Cylinders

If you have any questions about this kit or the components used, please feel free to contact us Toll Free at
1-877-274-9362. You can also e-mail us at salesstaff@topguncustomz.com

Check out Top Gun Customz.com for this product and MANY MORE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2010, 06:03 AM

Question Dual Steering Stabilser & ARB HD Diff Cover?

G'day There,

I've been loking around for a Dual Opposing Steering Stabilser system with specifics.
I have a single Tough dog Steering Stabiliser which is not ideal due to the amount the centre bracket fixed to the tie rod hangs down below the line of the axle housing. This seems to be common design of the single set ups.

The Top Gun Dual stabiliser design (going by the photos) solves both of my concerns that other designs seem to have. And that is, there is no bracket clamped around the tie rod and the cylinders are well up out of harms way.

However I have another concern with fitting the Top Gun set up to my 2005 Aussie (2003 US) F250 4x4 Superduty. That is I have an ARB Air Locker in the front diff and in turn have fitted an ARB Diff cover.
This Diff cover is thicker than the stock diff cover and I'm concerned that the section of the bracket which attaches to the axle housing (excellent idea) and utilises two of the bolt holes for the diff cover may not fit or would require modification

Have Top Gun or other members of the forum fitted the Top Gun Dual set up on a Superduty with an ARB or any other after market diff cover?
And if so; how was it done?

I'm really keen to get one of these kits as I see it as been the ideal design, but need some advice to the above concerns.

Cheers Fellas,
Reg.

---------------------------
Aussie spec Brazilian built 2005 (US 2003) F-250 Superduty 4x4 7.3Ltr Powerstroke: Donaldson (AIS) Intake with Zoodad, Cowl Hood, AIH deleted, DIY CCV & catch can, 26 x 3 Cummins straight through muffler, MBRP Black Tip, Foil Delete, Old Man Emu (OME) HD rear spring set, Front leveler spring, OME Nitrocharger Dual Tower shocks front, OME Nitrocharger shocks rear, Tough Dog Steering Damper, ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear, V10 Tranny cooler in series with Stock Tranny cooler, Deep Tranny Pan, Extra Cooling rear diff cover, ARB HD Front Diff cover, ARB Bull Bar, Kymar Dual Spare Wheel carrier & Rear bumper, Edge Evo with Dash Pod & EGT pyro, Long Range Fuel Tank, OEM Style paint matched wheel arch flares, VMS in Dash GPS Street & Off Road Navigator, Toyo OPAT AT 305 70R 16 on 10 Rims.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Reg,

First off, thanks for the compliment on our design. We actually spent alot of time and development on trying to eliminate the issues with the tie rod you described.

With that being said, I talked it over with our guys in manufacturing to see what we can do about your delima. This is actually a very simple solution. My techs recommend measuring the thickness of the ARB diff and find the difference in thickness your ARB diff has over the stock cover and make a "shim" that measures the exact difference the ARB cover has over the stock one. Then you simply place the "shim" in between our bracket and the axle. To act as a "spacer". With the new "spacer" you will need longer bolts than the bolts we currently provide.

That will push the main bracket forward slightly but will not adversely effect our stabilizer at all. Let us know if you need further explanation and/or help with this.

Thanks
-Adam
Old 07-07-2010, 05:57 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz View Post
Reg,

First off, thanks for the compliment on our design. We actually spent alot of time and development on trying to eliminate the issues with the tie rod you described. Your Thinking outside the square and coming up with this design is to your credit. I've just finished reading a number of threads with blokes having this same issue as I have, but with stock diffs on some of the other makes. Seems others haven't put as much thought in as you blokes.

With that being said, I talked it over with our guys in manufacturing to see what we can do about your delima. This is actually a very simple solution. There ya go..your an ideas man. My techs recommend measuring the thickness of the ARB diff and find the difference in thickness your ARB diff has over the stock cover I'm away at sea at until the second week in August, I'll do these measurements when I get home and get back to you then with the differences and make a "shim" that measures the exact difference the ARB cover has over the stock one. Then you simply place the "shim" in between our bracket and the axle. To act as a "spacer". With the new "spacer" you will need longer bolts than the bolts we currently provide No problem there, as long as get the specs on the bolts, I'll just get longer ones. So it all sounds like a simple solution and an easy DIY modification, and I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work

That will push the main bracket forward slightly but will not adversely effect our stabilizer at all. Let us know if you need further explanation and/or help with this.

Thanks
-Adam
Cheers Fellas appreciate your assisstance,
I'll get back in touch after I return home in August.

Best regards,
Reg.

---------------------------
Aussie spec Brazilian built 2005 (US 2003) F-250 Superduty 4x4 7.3Ltr Powerstroke: Donaldson (AIS) Intake with Zoodad, Cowl Hood, AIH deleted, DIY CCV & catch can, 26 x 3 Cummins straight through muffler, MBRP Black Tip, Foil Delete, Old Man Emu (OME) HD rear spring set, Front leveler spring, OME Nitrocharger Dual Tower shocks front, OME Nitrocharger shocks rear, Tough Dog Steering Damper, ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear, V10 Tranny cooler in series with Stock Tranny cooler, Deep Tranny Pan, Extra Cooling rear diff cover, ARB HD Front Diff cover, ARB Bull Bar, Kymar Dual Spare Wheel carrier & Rear bumper, Edge Evo with Dash Pod & EGT pyro, Long Range Fuel Tank, OEM Style paint matched wheel arch flares, VMS in Dash GPS Street & Off Road Navigator, Toyo OPAT AT 305 70R 16 on 10 Rims.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

No problem at all reg! Once you get the sizes, we can do some quick calculations to see what size bolts you need.

Let us know if you have any further questions and i would be happy to help.

Thanks
-Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.