Installed - Rough Country Front Add-A-Leaf on a 99 Ford SuperDuty 4x4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Top Gun Customz Top Gun Customz

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile Installed - Rough Country Front Add-A-Leaf on a 99 Ford SuperDuty 4x4

Installed - Rough Country Front Add-A-Leaf on a 99 Ford SuperDuty 4x4

Today, we had a 1999 Ford SuperDuty 4x4 Diesel. Per the customer's request we installed a 2" Rough Country Front Add-A-Leaf These are a great and economical way of adding 2" of front lift and yet still keep a decent ride.

Installed Components:
2" Rough Country Front Add-A-Leaf

If you would like to know more about any of the components installed check out our
Top Gun Customz Store for these very products!

Also, if you have any questions about this kit or the components used, please feel free to contact us Toll Free at 1-877-274-9362. or you can e-mail us at sales@topguncustomz.com

Click an image below for a larger view

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I just purchased this kit from you guys, and I was wondering what the max size tire you can run with this set up? I don't mind a little rub and trim. Thank you!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think you can fit 35s under a leveling kit with no rubbing.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosk0100 View Post
I just purchased this kit from you guys, and I was wondering what the max size tire you can run with this set up? I don't mind a little rub and trim. Thank you!
This kit will allow up to 33" tires without rubbing. You may be able to fit 35" tires with some trimming.

Thanks
Old 03-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have a question I have a procomp leveling kit new springs. Can I add a leaf or a shackle kit and raise it up another 2 inch in the front. So basically stack 2 kits to get to 4". I really dont want to discard the kit I already had installed.

I am guessing longer shocks and drop links would also be required.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynnmore View Post
I have a question I have a procomp leveling kit new springs. Can I add a leaf or a shackle kit and raise it up another 2 inch in the front. So basically stack 2 kits to get to 4". I really dont want to discard the kit I already had installed.

I am guessing longer shocks and drop links would also be required.
You will be unable to use an add-a-leaf with your aftermarket leaf springs. New 2" shackles and hangers are your best route. However when you add another 2" in the front you will have to address a few things. here are the items you will need to purchase to make this work.

Part#: 6611
Pitman Arm
Part#: 7582
Track Bar bracket
Bump Stop Extensions
Bump Stops
Sway Bar Drop Brackets
Part#: 8111(Front) 8181(Rear)
New shocks designed for 4" of lift
Part#: 6552
2" Rear Block and U-Bolt Kit

You can piece part everything like we listed above or you can purchase a full 4" lift, found here> 99-04 Ford F250/F350 Super Duty 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kit......Plus, we have plenty of other brands to choose from.

That kit will come with basically everything listed above plus new 4" springs. These are just a few options you have. Just to get you in the ball park you are looking in the $500 range for these items, if you pieced everything separately. We sell everything we stated plus the full kit. If you wish to discuss this further you can call us toll free at 1-877-274-9362
Old 03-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
so this will just add 1 extra leaf on my existing 2 leafs? just unbolt, add, and rebolt?
Old 03-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Serving Our Country!

From what I read you can use the add a leaf with aftermarket shackles and hangers. I have just installed a sky manufacturing leveling kit and would like another inch or two. I already have lined up a set of F350 blocks for and extra two inchs in the back. Would you please let me know what a add a leaf and everything needed for the front woud run, thanks.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod B View Post
so this will just add 1 extra leaf on my existing 2 leafs? just unbolt, add, and rebolt?
If you already have aftermarket arched add-a-leafs then you will not gain anything by installing another add-a-leaf. You will only gain what the actual add-a-leaf physically measures. If you have pre-existing add-a-leafs then you will have to go with shackles and hangers.

Thanks

Last edited by Top Gun Customz; 03-08-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by armymp15 View Post
From what I read you can use the add a leaf with aftermarket shackles and hangers. I have just installed a sky manufacturing leveling kit and would like another inch or two. I already have lined up a set of F350 blocks for and extra two inchs in the back. Would you please let me know what a add a leaf and everything needed for the front woud run, thanks.

We carry a 2" front add-a-leaf that can be found here> 2" Ford F250/F350 99-04 Super Duty Leveling Lift Kit - Top Gun Customz

It runs $74.95 + shipping

We do offer a discount for powerstroke members. Call us toll free at 1-877-274-9362 and we will take a total of 5% off your entire order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.