Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Barn raising / GTG ???

15K views 291 replies 50 participants last post by  TexasR.N. 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: This event will be taking place on the weekend of June 27 - 28

Howdy all,
I am throwing this out to see what kind of response I get, here's what's going on.

I am trying to get my house finished and used local contractors to do some work. I tried to do the right thing, use local people, legal residents etc.......Well the quality sucked,...........................really sucked,.............sucked really bad, y'all get the point right?
So if you want something done right DIY right?

So here is what I am asking / looking for. Is anyone up for an old fashioned barn raising (except garage in this case)? It would be in June to accomodate schedules and give those interested enough time to plan.

My garage.....600 sqft. 20 X 30 wood frame on a concrete pad. Straight forward, 4 walls, standard roof pitch. I am hoping to get it done in one weekend. We are at a stand still in my house. I need to get a bunch of crap out of here so we can finish the inside, thus the need to go a head and get a garage up.

I will provide for meals (lunch and dinner on Sat), breakfast and lunch on Sunday, dinner if necessary (assuming it would be wrapped up by then).

Time with my family is invaluable, so, anyone who wants to come is encouraged to bring their family. I have 15 acres, so if you want to bring a tent / camper that is no problem at all.

Any help, be it a couple of hours or a couple of days would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know and thanks in advance!

Craig

Participants so far:
My dad

Aunt and Uncle

Choctaw

JohnWayne

JMart

TxBroker

Hardline

GofastPadre

Guntersrx

BigbaldBob

RC51

Dirk

Rodslinger,Tracie, Curley Sue, Blondie

Me

RDC - If needed............... always welcome

Nix - Maybe

Stroken04 - Maybe

Bigred05 - Maybe

Big Tone

See less See more
#7 ·
I need to get a bunch of crap out of here
Disclaimer: He IS NOT talking about the plumbing. :hehe::hehe:
Wisenhiemer :hehe:

dang, wish i lived closer.. i would be more than happy to help... hope you get a good turn out bud!
Thanks.

I would love to help but I am a little far away. Good luck with the garage.
:thumb:

Craig, I'll help!
Really? I am not turning any help down, so thank you. I'll keep you posted on dates / time.

Craig

#9 ·
I should be able to help. I may have my son depending on the date but he'll have fun especially if there are other kids around.

P.S. - I have access to lots of air nailers of all sorts. :nod:

#13 ·
Alright. I guess it depends on how many people show but if anyone is interested in pitching in on a camper I'll get one.

#14 ·
Oh, and I'll bring my newest toy so ya'll can check it out :nod:

#19 ·
Craig if I was closer I would be there in a second. Along with all the tools you need:doh:

#22 ·
I am in for a day in June except for the weekend of the 20th. Tired of fixing my own crap, would be nice to build. Can bring a table saw, circular saw, hammer, and what ever else you may need, generators etc.

#24 ·
If I wasn't a few states away, I'd come. I love gettin dirty.

#25 ·
If more people took more time for things like this we all be alot better off. if I was closer I'd be there, GOOD LUCK

#26 ·
First of all let me say I am completely blown away by the response and offers to help. It is incredibly humbling to see / read all of these offers. Thank all of you very, very much.

Is the weekend of June 27 - 28 enough time to cover work schedules, check with spouses, make any other arrangements necessary?

Some of y'all mentioned bringing your kids along. PLEASE DO!!!! Family is first and if y'all are willing to sacrifice y'alls time to help me out, then please make it a family outing.

I will PM everyone planning on attending with the physical address.

Again, thank all of you for offering to be a part of this.

Many thanks and God Bless.

The Merritt's

#27 ·
Subscribing...wont know until the last minute if i can make it or not, but will let you know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.