Dallas - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FastFocus
Dallas

So, i'm just doing a little research but i may have the opportunity to move to the Dallas area with work. All of you that are in TX and live around the area. How do you like it? what are the good areas to live? I would be looking for a house in the $150k range with a garage and i'm single. Dont care much about schools in the area since i dont have kids but i want to live in a nice neighborhood. Whats around?

also, what do texans do for fun?

Last edited by FastFocus; 05-04-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2009, 11:48 AM

We do everything any other red blooded American does like bar-b-que and hunt and fish and all that good stuff.

There are quite a few dallas area members on here so here is a bump for ya
Old 05-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Premium Member

With the way traffic is around here I would move close to were you are going to work. Iím 44 miles away from work and it takes me 1 to 1 1/2 hours to get home at night.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFocus View Post
So, i'm just doing a little research but i may have the opportunity to move to the Dallas area with work. All of you that are in TX and live around the area. How do you like it? what are the good areas to live? I would be looking for a house in the $150k range with a garage and i'm single. Dont care much about schools in the area since i dont have kids but i want to live in a nice neighborhood. Whats around?

also, what do texans do for fun?
Been here 27 years. Its an OK place.

Just depends, what you are interested in? We have a little bit of everything here in Dallas. What do you normally do for fun?

Places to live, same question, what are you in to?

The great thing about Dallas, it is very spread out. Its not all jumbled up in one area. So you have a lot of options as far as living. And then several freeways to choose from to drive in to down town.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to FastFocus
i'll be working from a home office so i wont have to worry about traffic into work. So i would really just be looking into a nice area that i can afford. My interests, and what i spend most my time right now are drag racing, i just need a garage to put my car and bike into and work on.
i also like the downtown scene, Louisville's downtown is lacking big time that of a major city and that would be a nice upside.
nothing is set in stone yet, but we'll see what happens. like i said, i'm just doin a little research.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFocus View Post
i'll be working from a home office so i wont have to worry about traffic into work. So i would really just be looking into a nice area that i can afford. My interests, and what i spend most my time right now are drag racing, i just need a garage to put my car and bike into and work on.
i also like the downtown scene, Louisville's downtown is lacking big time that of a major city and that would be a nice upside.
nothing is set in stone yet, but we'll see what happens. like i said, i'm just doin a little research.
Keep your eye out. There are several nice areas that are close enough to Dallas, but not directly in the middle of it, Addison, Frisco, McKinney, Colleyville, Southlake.....etc. Just stay North of Dallas.....not South.

Drag strips, there are Redline,Ennis,Yellow Belly, Kennedale...etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.